Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Chris, thats funny, like i said i dont do 1/12, but i have been sitting on this 1/12 (only one i have) that my neighbor gave me a few yrs ago...

post-8828-0-16023300-1412142614.jpg

I received this one as a birthday gift from a non-modeling friend (of course!). As I opened it he said, "I'll bettcha can't build a really big un!" as if he had bestowed a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle on me! Anyway... my impression is that it's a 1/25 scale kit they scaled up on a copier. It has the detail level of a 1/25... non opening doors and trunk. I tossed mine into the 'bay!

Edited by Tom Geiger

Believe it or not, I never built a %8 Chevy, as much as I like them. The Revell kit looked very well dome and the separate chrome trim attracted me more than anything, I still have a '59 Impalla waiting for me to finish the BMF!.

So, I had an idea for a custom ... that will have to wait expressing until I get started and can post a WIP. But, I bought TWO of these .. :)

58CHEVY_57_zpsc2f424ea.jpg

Im after 4 or 5 superbirds, 2 or 3 Z06 vetts, and 3 or 4 others ive seen pictured. Funny thing is last week i had the Z06 and the superbird in my hands and was going to spend 24.00 each on them and i set them back down and bought paint i dont need instead.

How does the Ramcharger look? Is it worth buying?

The Ramcharger Dodge 330 is a considerably better kit than most Lindberg kits. Looks to be pretty good. My body was slightly warped but a few quick slight twists holding it for a second straightened it right out.

my 71 Mustang on the other hand has a broken A pillar... and lots of flash :( Dunno why I ever bought that one.

My Roadster pickup is soooo bare bones and basic I'm starting to regret that one too... that one might get chopped up and hot rodded w/ a custom frame.

Edited by JTalmage

Added these to the collection today ;)

The 'Hiace' is a kit I've been chasing for some time, looking forward to building this, it's just begging to be a delivery van or 'Tradies' van....

The 77 Celica is another kit I've been searching for, I owned one of these back in the 80s, the only downside with this kit is it's motorised, but that won't stop me building a replica of my old car!

The Supra....well I bought it because it's one of those rare Tamiya kits that actually has an engine and not a curbside :blink:;)

DSC02779_zps6bd56fa8.jpg

The Supra....well I bought it because it's one of those rare Tamiya kits that actually has an engine and not a curbside :blink:;)

If you ever have a question about what Tamiya kits are curbside and which aren't just ASK someone around here, there's enough people contained here that the answer will arrive post haste as it were.

I went looking at my Tamiya stash after reading that "rare" statement, and by my count of 60 Tamiya kits, 40 have full-on engines, 3 have engine inserts, and 16 are straight curbsides. Not rare at all actually. ;)

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...