Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

those thunderbolts are very sweet kits, are they representation of a actual ford production? or is it normal for the big engine, the skinnys upfront and slicks out back? "drag" car in otherwords or were there street production models in real 1:1 that had other options like 302 or 351 engines etc

Picked these three thunderbolts up for $30, all are 100% complete and the street rod one is still bagged

Great kits; I'm building one as a hobby-class modified stocker with a small-block. Wish Revell had made the flat hood sooner; it would have saved a bunch of work cutting out and filling in that bubble!

One other thing it's good for: if you cut out the window frames they're a close fit to convert a '63 Galaxie notchback promo to a two-door sedan.

Edited by ChrisBcritter

those thunderbolts are very sweet kits, are they representation of a actual ford production? or is it normal for the big engine, the skinnys upfront and slicks out back? "drag" car in otherwords or were there street production models in real 1:1 that had other options like 302 or 351 engines etc

Regular street version of the 64 Fairlane were available w a 6, 260 and 289 v8s. The thunderbolt was a drag car. Wikipedia probably has info on it.

Edited by Rob Hall

Nice! Hope we see a build thread.

I got a complete NOS rear bumper and taillight setup for my Monaco last weekend; of course it showed up after I'd put a bunch of effort into patching the damaged one I had - but this looks way better:

15170307247_1933d6a956_n.jpg

Looks like brand new! Mine are a little beat up so it's off to the chromer they go! :) Steve

Got this Cobra kit that I bought on ebay a few days ago. I bought this one to replace the one I had in my Cobra stash that was partially assembled. This one is in mint Condition and was only 10.00 with a BIN. I will be trying to build and save the other one.

cobratoday001_zps8e56cda1.jpg

post-12614-0-04457400-1411734646.jpg

Box art is attractive but the car looks a little thin and the rear wing is too high, to my eye. Definitely a 427 body shape. But even real Cobras got modified over the years. usually to fit bigger wheels/tyres - and those changes weren't always consistent!

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...