Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Picked this up at AC Moore with a 40% off coupon. I like this airbrush because it uses one needle and tip set up to from a 2mm line to 3" wide due th the double grind angles on the needle tip. It feels good in hand. It's the Badger 155 Anthem.

001557.jpg

Dale , that is the same one I have used for years and I love it, easy to clean, great balance,and trouble free.

I found these on CraigsList and within an hour, they were on thier way home with me. Total price, including the display cabinets and funky fur for the bottom, $20!

19782070.jpg

Only found one date on the bottom of them and that was 1971. Most of the pieces were there and from what I can see, it is only missing one exhaust pipe for the Ice T. I'm thanking my lucky stars for this one. Sorry for the bad photo. It was taken with my phone.

Andrew,

I just happen to have one exhaust pipe for the Ice-T. Looks to me that it would be the passenger side. If you want it, it's yours. Just PM your address.

That's one heck of a find for $20!

I found these on CraigsList and within an hour, they were on thier way home with me. Total price, including the display cabinets and funky fur for the bottom, $20!

19782070.jpg

Only found one date on the bottom of them and that was 1971. Most of the pieces were there and from what I can see, it is only missing one exhaust pipe for the Ice T. I'm thanking my lucky stars for this one. Sorry for the bad photo. It was taken with my phone.

Andrew,

I just happen to have one exhaust pipe for the Ice-T. Looks to me that it would be the passenger side. If you want it, it's yours. Just PM your address.

That's one heck of a find for $20!

Thanks and thanks!

Let me check my parts stash first. I seem to remember a set of them in there somewhere.

Thanks and thanks!

Let me check my parts stash first. I seem to remember a set of them in there somewhere.

No problem. I had built one years ago and I've only got one or two random parts left in the bin. If you need the pipe, its yours. Just let me know. It's not going anywhere!

Guest Johnny

Today in the mail came a Revell 55 and 56 Chevy circa 85/86 , yes I'm a glutton for punishment but I wanted them!(Thanks George53)

Also in the mail gota 67 Chevelle ProStreet (street burner series) a Lindberg Don Nickelson 61 Impala and a Revell Enzo Ferrari!:rolleyes:

got this stuff with in a months period. some good ebay wins, the wheels were buy it nows and LHS. oh and some lowrider spoke wheels, not pictured lost them for a bit..lols

ebay

002-2-1.jpg

ebay

004-2-1.jpg

LHS

005-2-1.jpg

LHS and ebay

001-6.jpg

ebay

002-7.jpg

ebay

003-7.jpg

Local flea market finds. Not nearly as many models as normal at the flea market this month. A big toy show in St. Louis had many peoples attention.

Modelkits-1.jpg

Modelkits-2.jpg

Modelkits-3.jpg

The first photo all came from the same guy. He wanted to sell them in a lot I overpaid a bit for the Nascars but I really wanted the Thunderbird, Scuz-Fink, and the Duesenberg. The second photos stuff was just cheap and I thought figures would make a nice change of pace if I get burnt out on cars. The big find was the stuff in the third photo I pulled it out of the TRASH. I decided to get something to eat and I went to throw my trash away and saw the top of the decals box all I could see was "Rev" of Revell and pulled it out then I saw the cool old paint and the engine and wheel set. I couldn't believe someone would throw it away.

Modelkits-3.jpg

I pulled it out of the TRASH. I decided to get something to eat and I went to throw my trash away and saw the top of the decals box all I could see was "Rev" of Revell and pulled it out then I saw the cool old paint and the engine and wheel set. I couldn't believe someone would throw it away.

Now that is a cool find.

Modelers do have a Eye for Trash ;)

Now that is a Great SAVE and it was Freeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

Some things from the last few days that my Computers been acting up.

Thursday's Haul: Keith Marks '75/'76 MPC RoadRunner Decals 1 set White & 1 set Black

FILE005552.jpg

FILE005553.jpg

FILE005554.jpg

Saturday's Haul: MPC ('88) Dodge Shelby Daytona, First Season of "Get Smart" and CaddyShack on DVD, total investment $6, all of which went to charity (The Breast Cancer Association of Canada) and is tax deductable.

FILE00555.jpg

Nick

Edit: forgot to mention the Daytona is 100% complete, and is unbagged.

Edited by Nick Winter

Got theses today from Dennis, what can I say they followed me home, I needed the Trans am for it's decals, My Original release MPC 10th Anniy car was missing it's, and well another Dodge Can't hurt, can it ;) , the Chevy just happened to get caught in the crossfire, and while getting the Dodge I had to get the proper decals for it and another Dodge which I already have.

fghhh.jpg

fghhh1.jpg

fghhh3.jpg

fghhh2.jpg

I do however have a little problem, The Copy of the ALPS printed LRT and Midnight Express trucks is severly undersized.

The Gold wheel arch decals would be on the tires. :lol:

Nick

Last Thursday or Friday I ordered this:

Pace09-MP-096b.jpg

It's a Pace 24 Inch Mini-Plus

I recieved it less than a week later (Wednesday the following week) in perfect shape. I'm looking forward to installation and use.

I have a Bazillion paint ideas!

I went all the way up to the Hobby Lobby in Ocala and got absolutely nothing. Thy have the same junk on their shelves month after month.

On the good side, I'm getting closer to completing a total revamp of my hobby room. More work on it tomorrow and maybe I'll be able to complete it on Sunday or Monday.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...