Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I went to the local hobby shop yesterday. It's not the greatest shop, and really doesn't cater to modelers. It's more of a toy store. The kind of shop where the Squadron Green Putty is near dry in the tube. So I was surprised that I got everything I went for...

They had the Testors 9200 decal sealer spray can. They had the Evergreen .2 sheet plastic, even though I had to hunt for it in their disorganized rack. Then I noticed they had the October and November issues of Model Cars. So I grabbed them up!

Some TSP to clean some bits and pieces of the 1:1 Project, and a gift a previous owner left, explains the 2x rustier fender on this side and the 1 rim that was a different color (Red, matched the color of the fender I pulled off this side)

GEDC4068.jpg

GEDC4109.jpg

GEDC4110.jpg

Not a big deal, no one can see this area on the firewall when everything is re-assembled.

Nick

Some TSP to clean some bits and pieces of the 1:1 Project, and a gift a previous owner left, explains the 2x rustier fender on this side and the 1 rim that was a different color (Red, matched the color of the fender I pulled off this side)

GEDC4068.jpg

GEDC4109.jpg

GEDC4110.jpg

Not a big deal, no one can see this area on the firewall when everything is re-assembled.

Nick

What kind of car is that, looks pretty cool? Any pics of the whole car?

Edited by 1272148

What kind of car is that, looks pretty cool? Any pics of the whole car?

1969 Plymouth Fury III Convertible (Or as we say in our Circles 27 Car).

Started with 2

GEDC2666.jpg

Stripped and Parted out the Brown car due to severe structural issues and am currently restoring this one

GEDC3255.jpg

Looked something like this until Sunday

GEDC3950.jpg

Looks like this right now

GEDC4119.jpg

A lot of guys would have ran away when they found the many things that I have, a lot might have sold it off or scrapped it, but not me, I don't scare easy and I'm stubborn, sometimes that's an advantage. The car owes me nothing and I truly love the design of these cars, they were truly beautiful when new and hopefully mine will be again in the near future.

Nick

There is a link to the cars build in my signature

* Language and topics as well as comments are truly adult orientated, Not for the faint at heart or for children, it is a forum for Men and Women who are restoring 1:1 cars, and so there is a lot of Garage Talk.*

I was going to say be careful with the TSP, as it can really do a number on the grass below, but it looks like that won't be an issue. :D

Make sure you clean out the ductwork, especially around the blower motor resistor. Dry leaves and a hot electric coil do not play well together. :o

I was going to say be careful with the TSP, as it can really do a number on the grass below, but it looks like that won't be an issue. :D

Make sure you clean out the ductwork, especially around the blower motor resistor. Dry leaves and a hot electric coil do not play well together. :o

Heater rebuild is on my list of things to do this winter, trying to finish one job before I start another though. I've cleaned out whats seems to be about 35 years worth of tree's and leaves, found some odd stuff in odd places too.

Nick

Old cars have more stories to tell than most would beleive another fellow on the C body Forum just found out his Newport Limo belonged to the Chicago Knockers Mud Wrestling Team at one point!

Nick

Modelmartin/Aardvark Models resin Duesenberg "Mudd Coupe" conversion for the Monogram Duesenberg kits. I'm so excited to see ANYTHING aftermarket for a Duesenberg...but this car...wow. If Darth Vader had been around in the 1930s, he would have driven it.

I just "bought it now" so I don't have pics yet, but here is the real car:

Bohman_Schwartz_Duesenberg_SJ_Airflow_Mu

I got a new drill, circular saw, light, sawzall, 2 batteries, and a charger from Lowe's. It's their brand - Kobalt. Now, do I try and sell my old Craftsman stuff on ebay or try and trade the stuff here for kits?

I cant like Lowes/Kobalt because of Jimmie Johnson, although, I do like the double drive tools they have

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...