Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

What did I get today? Disappointed that my LHS still doesn't have the Manx kit. They have the Hudson & Munsters Coachkits, but no VW. Speaking of VW's...

Sam: Cool `66! Good luck with it! All the old VW's have finally disintegrated here on the East coast. Finding a solid, running car like yours would command quite a bit more than what you STOLE IT for.... Good for you.

What did I get today? Disappointed that my LHS still doesn't have the Manx kit. They have the Hudson & Munsters Coachkits, but no VW. Speaking of VW's...

Sam: Cool `66! Good luck with it! All the old VW's have finally disintegrated here on the East coast. Finding a solid, running car like yours would command quite a bit more than what you STOLE IT for.... Good for you.

Speaking of the Manx, I bought one the other day, and it CLEARLY states on the bottom of the box in the parts overview, "Molded in METALLIC PURPLE unless otherwise indicated"

It also says "Molded in METALLIC PURPLE, clear and Transparent Blue" also on the bottom by the AMT logo, I was pretty exited to open the box and see how it looked in this "METALLIC PURPLE" but to my dismay, its all WHITE! AGH!!!!

Now, I noticed another Manx kit at another LHS that, in the same places, stated "Molded in WHITE or METALLIC RED"

WTF??

Anyway, thanks John, wish me luck in getting it registered this Friday, I already bought a 2 1/2" drop spindle kit and lots of interior stuff for it! :D

Over the last 2 weeks, I got a '57 Thunderbird promotional model, a big box of Model Car, Model Car Science, Model Car & Science magazines, and 3 or 4 Auto World catalogs, all from the mid to late '60's, Revell Hummer H2, and 2 M5 die cast cars, a '55 and '57 DeSoto in green & white and gold & white, respectively. :wub::):rolleyes:B):lol::D:P;)^_^

Had the club meeting tonight, some stuff I got that was part of a deceased modellers stash, all were started, the Mini is the '83 release and the body has been painted, engine and transaxle assembled, the Camaro has had the frame painted black, and the '57 chevy has had the body painted, and some foil work done. Going to use the Can of paint on the Camaro.

GEDC1662.jpg

GEDC1663.jpg

GEDC1668.jpg

Decals in the MK Camaro

GEDC1665.jpg

Nick

Saw a great post with some of these and it gave me some ideas so I ran out and bought one of the kits.

P1040578.jpg

And while I was there I found this.....

P1040579.jpg

And This, My find of the day! It was damaged and opened so I asked the manager if he could give me a discount. He said he would. I was thinking 5 or 6 dollars off, but he knocked it from $17.99 to $5.00!!!!

P1040580.jpg

Thanks for looking! Got some stuff to keep me busy for a while!

And This, My find of the day! It was damaged and opened so I asked the manager if he could give me a discount. He said he would. I was thinking 5 or 6 dollars off, but he knocked it from $17.99 to $5.00!!!!

He must've tried building that one himself, and had pity on you for wanting to try. :D

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...