Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I'm usually hesitant to post about eBay wins, but I'm so pleased with this one I just have to. My apologies if anyone on here was bidding on this, but I just picked it up today...

%2524%2528KGrHqRHJC%2521E7zEVYPPNBPCe%2528nEfBg%257E%257E60_12.jpeg

There's a bag full of parts to go with it. Don't have time to sort through it all yet, but I hope all the pieces are there! B)

Revell sent me the glass for the '99 Silverado w/Waverunner - for FREE. I bought the kit off Ebay and there was no Waverunner or trailer. I complained to the seller so he refunded my money and sent another Silverado - with no Waverunner or trailer and no glass. Revell saved the day and now I have 2 Silervado's to build.

I picked up some Tamiya Fine White Primer and three 1/3 oz. bottles of Tamiya acrylic paint- clear red, semi-gloss black, and clear flat. I'm looking forward to seeing how the primer lays down on a 1/32 scale body. B)

I didn't see any signs of a Tamiya paint shortage at the two hobby shops I visited, either.

Revell sent me the glass for the '99 Silverado w/Waverunner - for FREE. I bought the kit off Ebay and there was no Waverunner or trailer. I complained to the seller so he refunded my money and sent another Silverado - with no Waverunner or trailer and no glass. Revell saved the day and now I have 2 Silervado's to build.

Hey Jim, can I buy the extra set of instructions off of you? I have a kit coming and I don't think the instructions are included.

Edited by Tonioseven

I got these actually yesterday, from Model Car Contest.

-Chevy SSR ( I didn't buy this one, it was given to some Junior modeler. Luckily it was me...)

-'67 Chevelle Gluebomb.

-7 sets of Resin steelies and Centerlines

-"Polishing Set"

-4 sets or rear Slicks

-Front Runners

P1280085.jpg

Okay! I've had time to sort through my haul and figure out what I have.

• Monogram Chevy LUV Stepsider (missing wheels)
  • 2 Revell Datsun 620 "Desert Rat" pickups (complete)
  • 2 AMT 53 Ford F-100's (1 missing wheels, 1 missing glass)
  • 3 Revell 56 Ford F-100's (in various stages of broken-ness)
  • 2 Monogram 80 Ford F-150s (missing 1 grille)
  • 3 AMT 34 Ford pickups (should be able to make 1 truck between the 3)1
  • 2 Monogram 78 Chev K10s (complete)
  • MPC 73 C10 (complete)
  • MPC 73 K10 (complete)
  • MPC 75 K10 (complete)
  • MPC 78 K10 (complete)
  • MPC 67 C10 (missing stock grille, tailgate; comes with 69-70 grille)
  • AMT 70-72 GMC Jimmy (complete)
  • 2 Revell 71-76 Ford Courier (1 missing wheels, 1 missing hood)

1I know these are the original AMT releases and not the later Lindberg releases due to a chrome license plate on one of them embossed with "AMT 1962"

Miscellaneous leftover parts include a set of wheels that don't quite go with anything, odds n sods, a 426 Hemi, 283 SBC and what appears to be an AMC 6-cylinder. Any ideas what it is for sure or what it came from?

DSC01662.JPG

DSC01663.JPG

64 imperial,resin 71 impala,MPC 72 impala,MPC 73 caprice,promo 74 caprice and finally picked up my exterior post van from my LHS. got the 71 off ebay and the 72,73 and imperial for 10.00 total.some guy was cleaning out his garage and brought them in to the hobby store and asked if i wanted them for 10.00 and of course i jumped on that!!!!

DSCF1072.jpg

DSCF1071.jpg

DSCF1073.jpg

Okay! I've had time to sort through my haul and figure out what I have.

• Monogram Chevy LUV Stepsider (missing wheels)
  • 2 Revell Datsun 620 "Desert Rat" pickups (complete)
  • 2 AMT 53 Ford F-100's (1 missing wheels, 1 missing glass)
  • 3 Revell 56 Ford F-100's (in various stages of broken-ness)
  • 2 Monogram 80 Ford F-150s (missing 1 grille)
  • 3 AMT 34 Ford pickups (should be able to make 1 truck between the 3)1
  • 2 Monogram 78 Chev K10s (complete)
  • MPC 73 C10 (complete)
  • MPC 73 K10 (complete)
  • MPC 75 K10 (complete)
  • MPC 78 K10 (complete)
  • MPC 67 C10 (missing stock grille, tailgate; comes with 69-70 grille)
  • AMT 70-72 GMC Jimmy (complete)
  • 2 Revell 71-76 Ford Courier (1 missing wheels, 1 missing hood)

1I know these are the original AMT releases and not the later Lindberg releases due to a chrome license plate on one of them embossed with "AMT 1962"

Miscellaneous leftover parts include a set of wheels that don't quite go with anything, odds n sods, a 426 Hemi, 283 SBC and what appears to be an AMC 6-cylinder. Any ideas what it is for sure or what it came from?

DSC01662.JPG

DSC01663.JPG

that engine probably came from an amt pacer/pacer wagon,im not sure what other amc models had those engines

that engine probably came from an amt pacer/pacer wagon,im not sure what other amc models had those engines

Well, wherever it came from its going to be modified to fit into a CJ-7. I've been wanting to build a base model Jeep out of that kit and now I have an engine! B)

I got these two vans today. A 1/32 scale Monogram Streeto Vandito, on which the builder glued the 'glass' pieces in VERY securely. :lol:

SV1.jpg

SV2.jpg

SV3.jpg

No, you cannot scrape off the inside of the windshield to remove the excess glue. <_<

Number two is a glue bomb Revell Hardy Boys GMC van. I didn't realize Revell did the GMC specific body until I saw this. :wacko:

RevHBGMCVan4.jpg

RevHBGMCVan1.jpg

Edited by Casey

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...