Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Lownslow, I've built that Rx-7, be care full with the bumper ends, they dont fit that great. It's also an old motorized kit, so the interior sucks. I blacked out the windows and built it as slammer.

i know, good thing that chiki crowds arent into lavish interiors

Nothing yet, but over the weekend I ordered one of those Offy motors and some other misc parts from our buddy Norm (Prolly won't be here til after the new year :lol: ) I paid for a subscription to Street Rodder (finally) and discovered a new hobby shop where I picked up some paint and Tamiya polish. All that was also my Christmas present to myself after getting a bonus from work.

Picked up the new Revell '72 Cutlass at my LHS. I had preordered a couple from my favorite OLD, but couldn't resist one as a little xmas gift to myself. I've looked at the instructions, haven't taken any of the trees out of the bags yet...maybe I'll glue the engine block halves together before xmas. Was pleasantly surprised to see it does include the optional rear spoiler, though I had seen somewhere online that that part wasn't included.

I'd just picked up two AMT 57 Corvette "Gasser" kits from the club meeting tonight they need a lot of work but i see potential i'll have some pics of them tomorrow i'll be looking for parts for these kits. I gave the Tamiya US Jeep Willys with trailer thats a 1:35 scale to a club member he was happy with and i was happy with the 57 Vettes.

Found an original '73 Road Runner project for less than a current issue

Also $11 worth of resin body seconds that should work for a future project or two

DSC03570.JPG

8bf6_10.JPG

I would like to ask where you got the early 70s Firebird body - or more exactly - who manufacturers it?

What scale is it 1/24 or 1/25?

Any Info would be great! Thanks!

Hey Chris, hate to tell you this but if that Road Runner is molded in that orange/red colour it's the '80's reissue, all the original issues were molded in white. Or is it just painted that colour?

Dosen't really matter either way though as they all have nice bodys ,, I think they changed the emblems to GTX somewhere along the way or something like that though.

I have 2 of the orange kits from 83,they still have the Road Runner emblems on the body!great score,I payed $75 for both of mine,a few years back!and one of the bodys was twisted beyond use! seems like everyone is getting rid of these cars now that the DOH Road Runner is coming out,I just hope they do it right this timeeven the 83 issue of the kit had the wrong dash and chassis

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...