Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Received in the mail today from TCP Global some House of Kolor paint,an airbrush cleaner and a parts holder for painting.

It is very good timing for me cause before the holiday I had a lump on my foot and found it to be skin cancer(I'm 37) which I had removed today and will be home from work for a couple of days.

Heres the paint..

paint003.jpg

I bought some Evergreen rectangular rod stock to scratchbuild chassis for pro-touring and pro-street cars and trucks, a new extra-fine saw blade, and liquid glue. They were out of Ambroid, my choice of glue, so I got Tenax 7R instead.

I would have bought more supplies that are needed, but I have been unemployed for over 7 months now :lol:

I'd went over to Harbor Freight and bought a pack of Electrical Heat Shrink Tubing, two packs of aligator clips, a white paint marker & a magnet. And made a trip to Sears and bought a 8 piece Craftsman combination wrench set & a 3/8 inch drive extension.

Custom Hearse- The Wraith, eh i have that same movie altough its a 80's movie its still pretty decent im looking to build a few of those cars from that movie especially the Vette.

Edited by LSU Fan 1981

I got several bags of parts today- almost enough Model T parts to build three or four '25 and '27 T rods and still have enough spares left for that many more kits. I just might run over to Dean's today, as well- unless the snow's worse than I think it is. Non model related, but I (finally!) picked up Endgame, the new Megadeth album, and I'm still debating whether or not I'll be picking up that DVD of Inglorious Basterds I've had my eye on for a while now.

I got several bags of parts today- almost enough Model T parts to build three or four '25 and '27 T rods and still have enough spares left for that many more kits. I just might run over to Dean's today, as well- unless the snow's worse than I think it is. Non model related, but I (finally!) picked up Endgame, the new Megadeth album, and I'm still debating whether or not I'll be picking up that DVD of Inglorious Basterds I've had my eye on for a while now.

Have you seen it ??? It is awesome, I bought it a coupe of days after it came out on blueray.

Chuck,Inglorious Basterds is a good buy imo. I saw it at the theatre and picked up the blueray.

I did the exact same thing. There is a theater a round where I live that had just opened up right before that movie came out. It was the best. Definitely a movie to watch over and over again :rolleyes:

Oh yeah- Basterds was the only movie I actually went and saw at the theatre last year! I wanted to see "The Men Who Stare At Goats" also, but the 'basterds' who run the theaters in my area never picked it up! :)

I guess this technically doesn't count, as I got it yesterday, but I'm still pretty proud o' this haul:

019_19-vi.jpg

I paid the princely sum of $12 for it. It's not in perfect shape- the chrome is just about gone from the grille shell, some nimrod glued the plated flaps for the hood sides in backwards, and the inner wheels for the hot rod tires (also installed backwards... who tried building this thing, Ray Charles, or what?)have a severe (good and terminal, actually) case o' 'tire burn'. But there's plenty left to save, and I'm sure glad I didn't need to pay 'full collector's price' on this one!

SNOW FLURRIES!!! We moved from Chicago to west central Florida and this morning we had snow flurries and 24 degrees. Supposed to get to the mid teens on Sunday and Monday night. I might have to call a realtor to sell the house and everything in it and move to South America. I do not want cold weather.

I got a 86 Dodge Diplomat ,(Blue Granny car)And a 75 Road Runner kit from Model Empire,and a parts kit of the same in a trade!As soon as I find a 77-78 Monaco 2-door bumper,I'm making a 75 Coronet/76 Charger Sport,yes before anyone questions me on this,In 1976 Dodge made a Charger with this body style,the Cordoba style was called the SE/DAYTONA! :P

I got these two Bullitts yesterday from Micheals on clearance for ten bucks a piece.They had about five other models on clearance also but these were the only two clearance items left.I would like to find another Micheals to see if this is a franchise wide sale.

wb003.jpg

Today while working I was about twenty miles out of town so I googled Hobby and came up with two hobby stores close by.I came out of each store with a little bag of goodies.Here it is combined.

wb004.jpg

Since I've got 2 rides in the garage (an Intrepid that won't go and an S-10 that won't stop) Here is my find for the week.

alero.jpg

It's not mine YET, but as soon as my best friend buys her new car, it will be... FREE OF CHARGE. I'm just borrowing it til I get my truck fixed.

I also got an AMT 2005 Chrysler 300C in the mail Monday (from remingtonbox), and the AMT Ford Ranger Splash on Saturday (from Cobra98).

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...