Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Yeah, me too, I got my other Safari Lancia Stratos today. She doesn't know a thing about it. :)

I don't get it. She doesn't say anything when I get a $400 or more dollar RC helicopter or a $100 order of parts, but has a complete melt down, not always, but sometimes - most times, over a $40 plastic kit.

LOL...my newest model kit purchases from the last few months havent even left the trunk of my car. The wife doesnt even ride in my car, let alone look in it.

I picked up the new Round2 Daisy Duke RoadRunner today, I like this kit and having the correct decals and dash is an added plus.

Also put a new Revell '57 Chevy on hold that I'll pick up this weekend.

still waiting for my LHS to get a DD tin, so I can get one.

After a long time on not having purchased anything due to economics, I sold some off my older kits and decided to use halve of it for new modelmaterial.

First I noticed the Ferrari 575 Superamerica, one of my all-time favourite Ferrari's, but never got the hang of one. Basically because of the weird box-art, but after seeing that burgundy Superamerica, it seems to be quite a nice kit to have.

RR7391.jpg

It is mostdefinately not my thing, but I saw this kit, it was cheap(ish) and weird, so reason enough for me to get it and it will make a nice airbrush practice project

aankoop180.jpg

En then I went to a different store, where they had this lovely Nissan for sale. The standard 350Z looks ok, but the Nismo version just looks right and I tried for a while to get my hand on one of these, but for 60 dollars it was just too much. Fortunatelly I noticed this one.

aankoop181.jpg

And to the bigger scale, I wasn't really looking for the kübel, but I came across it and it had a decent price tag, so I took it with me. And no, it will not be built as a Hitler-mobile. It will be built as a street-rod. And I hope I can do that, haha.

aankoop182.jpg

And the reason why I went to that particular store was because of this beauty: I just recently finished the Fujimi 1/24 and love the look of it. I saw the kit online and knew I wanted it. I love to do bigscale's and I got it.

Once I got it at home, I really starting to love this kit. The detail is so exquisit and there is so much thought into this kit, so I decided to buy one more and I hope it will show up this week.

aankoop183.jpg

And for illustration purpose only: look at the size :angry:

aankoop184.jpg

Got some really nice display cases from Hobby Lobby today for 50% off without a coupon. :D They are made of nice, thick plastic with the mirrored bottom and the cardboard garage backdrops that you cut from the box. 3.59 each! I was plumb tickled because I quit buying display cases last year due the high cost. I only got 3 because that was all they had. B)

oldscool

Well I got some bmf, knife blades, can of primer last week and today I got this:

sonoma098.jpg

sonoma140.jpg

really nice kit. A little expensive but worth it, especially considering that this the only other option then the "uptown" revell kits. Very nice though and has many parts that are highly deatailed too. But it makes me want the police version to come out sooner! B)

Found on my Local CL

Don't be shy to give your local CL a look time to time for good finds

or even great finds for low cost.

CLmodels1_31_10.jpg

BTW: is there anything special about the MPC BlackBird

or just a reissue?

Nice Karmann Ghia! The Blackbird is a re-issue. One way you can tell between the the original and the new kit is the decals. The hood bird is squat on the original. Here's a pic showing what I mean...

IMG_0649.jpg

IMG_0666.jpg

The decal sheet is from an original issue MPC Blackbird. See how it is more wide than tall? The hood has a re-issue decal.

Nice Karmann Ghia! The Blackbird is a re-issue. One way you can tell between the the original and the new kit is the decals. The hood bird is squat on the original. Here's a pic showing what I mean...

IMG_0649.jpg

IMG_0666.jpg

The decal sheet is from an original issue MPC Blackbird. See how it is more wide than tall? The hood has a re-issue decal.

I'll second that Marshal, I've got decals and instructions from all of the releases, and most of the Models them selfs, but the original Blackbird has a screwed up Hood bird.

I bought the new '32 Ford 5 window coupe kit at Hobby Lobby with my 40% off coupon. The December 2009 issue of MCM and a variety of sizes of aluminum tubing was purchased at my LHS. No discount.

The LHS had 2 of the new double dragster kits in the tin for $34.99. If anyone wants them, I wouldn't mind going back to get them for you. Sales tax is 0.65% in Ocala plus the shipping. Maybe Rob's Hobby World would ship straight to you. I didn't think about asking.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...