Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

14 hours ago, Deuces said:

Never seen that one before.... Looks slick...?

Looks like Hasegawa re-issued that Lamborghini Jota not long ago, if you want one.  Available from many online vendors, but some show it as currently "Out of Stock."  I'm thinking of getting one myself.  HobbyLinc shows it as "In Stock" for $28.09:

https://www.hobbylinc.com/hasegawa-lamborghini-jota-svr-1975-plastic-model-car-kit-1:24-scale-21214

4 hours ago, Mike999 said:

Looks like Hasegawa re-issued that Lamborghini Jota not long ago, if you want one.  Available from many online vendors, but some show it as currently "Out of Stock."  I'm thinking of getting one myself.  HobbyLinc shows it as "In Stock" for $28.09:

https://www.hobbylinc.com/hasegawa-lamborghini-jota-svr-1975-plastic-model-car-kit-1:24-scale-21214

Thanks Mike....?

On November 24, 2018 at 2:25 PM, Ich_Will said:

Fresh from Germany ?? for an upcoming project. 

88951804-8DD7-4EA0-A224-DD826827A995.jpeg

I have a similar project in the works, modifying a W 155 200 into a baby (slightly baby, anyways) Rote Sau.  Could you share where you ordered those?

image.jpg

No pics at the moment, but I used the 55% off coupons at Michaels over the weekend  (Black Friday) and exhausted their stock of the Revell 69 Novas, and also grabbed a Starsky and Hutch Torino. Unfortunately that only leaves 1 or 2 other kits on the  shelves..... Hopefully they get some stock again soon.

Edited by mademan

9 hours ago, mademan said:

No pics at the moment, but I used the 55% off coupons at Michaels over the weekend  (Black Friday) and exhausted their stock of the Revell 69 Novas, and also grabbed a Starsky and Hutch Torino. Unfortunately that only leaves 1 or 2 other kits on the  shelves..... Hopefully they get some stock again soon.

I hope so too, but I'm starting to wonder.  A brand-new Michael's just opened near me.  I went there last week to check the kits.  They had a couple of S&H Torinos, an AMT Firestones '78 Ford truck and IIRC a single ECTO-1 ambulance.  That was it, except for a few aircraft kits.   The model kit shelf was mostly empty.

1 hour ago, Mike999 said:

I hope so too, but I'm starting to wonder.  A brand-new Michael's just opened near me.  I went there last week to check the kits.  They had a couple of S&H Torinos, an AMT Firestones '78 Ford truck and IIRC a single ECTO-1 ambulance.  That was it, except for a few aircraft kits.   The model kit shelf was mostly empty.

The Micheals by me said they are not going to carry models anymore. I just bought a Titanic model at Micheals for my nephews to build and they are ringing up at $16.00. Not the $29.95 that is on the shelf.

Edited by ewetwo

I recently received some nice parts from "Drag City Castings"!

And I just love what Ed does with resin!!

-Custom seats for Hot Rods, etc.

-Finned Buick drums w/backing plates attached

-'32 Ford stock firewalls

-2 styles of Halibrand wheels that I just love

(the battery was mine already! LOL!!)

David S.

100_5996.JPG

Here is a pic of some other goodies I got from Ed! (Drag City Castings)

- '34 Ford 5 window chopped coupe

- Old racing style? bucket seats for a Hot Rod build

- And more kidney bean small hole Halibrands

This '34 body is so nice and clean. Inside and out! And the fit to the

kit fenders is the same as the kit body!!

David S.

100_5858.JPG

Arrived this morning, Sadly I won't be able to build a replica of my Gordini, but I'll paint it in the correct Alpine/Gordini metallic blue, The Gordini name was only used in the U.K. as Chrysler had the rights to use the Alpine name in the U.K. the car is exactly the same as the Alpine, I only kept it a few years and only sold it for the new Peugeot 205 GTI.

FB_IMG_1543491466405.jpg

FB_IMG_1543491470253.jpg

FB_IMG_1543491473446.jpg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...