Model Cars Magazine Forum

Just Two Facts...

Okay, here's a thread that will let people know each other just a bit better. No model content at all!

List TWO interesting facts about yourself. Doesn't have to be profound, just something that you find interesting!

I'll go first:

1. I was an army brat. I grew up in places like Izmir, Turkey (1966-68) and Pirmasens, Germany (1969-73). It affects my likes and who I am. For instance since I was outside the USA for much of my youth, I don't have any connection to American sports like baseball and football. I also have a fondness for odd foreign cars!

2. I am not affected by poison ivy. I can touch the stuff all day long without ill effects.

Wow Tom:

Your not affected by poison ivy !! You start off with a big one telling us you’re an alien !

Here’s mine:

1. I have been playing the drums since I was 2 years old. My band played along with the Doors, Frank Zappa etc. We still get together and play once each year. Next year is our 50th anniversary.

2. In 1971 I was in Viet Nam refueling river boats at the Mekong Delta. And yeah, I don’t care to talk about it (but I guess I just did… LOL).

3. (Oops there's only supposed to be two.)

1.) I also am immune to poison ivy. My kids however, not so much. I have a cousin who is also unaffected by it but his brother and sisters are. Weird but saved me from a lot of scratching.

2.) Although I grew up a Ford fan, in 1970 I purchased my then dream car. A 1966 SS396 4 speed Chevelle!

I get itchy just reading about poison ivy, oak, sumac, or Virginia creeper. Urushiol is the bane of my existence.

1.) Though I have not yet appeared on a game show, I have been in the contestant pools for "Jeopardy" and "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?" several times. It comes with having a head filled with otherwise useless knowledge.

2.) My (actually my wife's) black Labrador Retriever is a trained service dog. He can open doors and turn on lights, among other things. He's smarter than the entire cast of "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo". And better-behaved.

My (actually my wife's) black Labrador Retriever is a trained service dog. He can open doors and turn on lights, among other things. He's smarter than the entire cast of "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo"...

No offense to your dog, but that's not exactly setting the bar very high... :lol:

After the last few post I'm not quite sure what to say, but here goes. 1.......I too grew up as an army brat and lived everywhere from Japan to France,where I graduated highschool in 1964(Made it to the 24 hours of Le Mans in 1963 and 1964). Fifty years ago this year(If I remember correctly ferrari took eight of the first ten places in 1963). You never forget the sound of the cars coming down the hill into the esses. 1964 was Dan's year. Oh yeah! 2.......Been married for 45 years and my loving wife still thinks my plastic habit is a fun thing for me. How great is that? Richard

I'm related to Jefferson Davis , former president of the Confederate States of America . I don't run around as most do still celebrating a war that ended here years ago

I was the photographer for the Book , Check the Oil by Scott Anderson , 1983

1. I was the Track Photographer for New England Dragway in NH and Lebanon Valley Dragway in NY for most of the 1990's.

2. I have seen the Boston/New England Patriots play at every "home" stadium that they have had during their existence - Fenway Park, Harvard Stadium, Alumni Stadium at Boston College, Schaefer/Sullivan/Foxboro Stadium, and Gillette Stadium.

I am related to Calvin Coolidge and Rutherford B. Hayes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but never knew them personally......................................... :P

I designed my first house when I was 5 years old...with an atrium even,(as if I knew what that was).

Oldest of eight, I'm a PK (preacher's kid). My father is Henry Charles Zimmerman the 17th, going all the way back to Baron Heinrich von Simmerman, 17 generations ago. I was supposed to be the 18th, Dad didn't like the name. Said I would be named after him ONLY if I was born on my grandfather's birthday......missed it by 9 hours.

Said I would be named after him ONLY if I was born on my grandfather's birthday......missed it by 9 hours.

I came close to being Arthur the third.. my grandfather was actually Alfred Arthur, but went by Art. My father was Arthur Hubert and was called Arthur. My mother refused to let me be Little Artie. My mothers father was Luke Raymond and both he and my mother thought that would be a good name for me. Then my father's side complained, so I became Thomas, basically because I was named after no one to settle the squabble.

i can honestly say i have played with lions and tigers and bears ..oh my ..i have a few scars to prove it

i'm a relocated city boy redneck in training...grew up in boston moved to pennsylvania...thank God i'm a counrty boy

1) am a geek for any hotrods or choppers just love them but still seem to like some simpler things

2) am a geek for any music from big country or stuart adamson seem to have over 109 songs on them alone

Got that obsession from my dad

Looking at this now i can think of hundreds of obsessions ,could start a whole topic on its own : )