Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rapid Roy Finished

Pat Minarick

... I think it looks more Car-toonish with the smaller front wheels .

Agreed. Now that I look it over, it works well with the body/wheel openings proportions.

Any thoughts yet on a color scheme for this bad 57? Can't wait to see the end product!

Pat.... I am loving this project. This is too cool. I was so inspired by ira's deals wheels builds that I was able to find a couple a hobby shop in my home town when i was visiting there a couple weeks ago. These look like fun builds for sure. I really want to pick up one of these '57 kits too. Looking forward to more. Everything is perfect on this build... love the stance and the wheels. Nice work!!

Ooh! Roy had a toothpick in his mouth as he smiled for the cameras!!!!

I didn't forget ,I will add it when I paint :)

Agreed. Now that I look it over, it works well with the body/wheel openings proportions.

Any thoughts yet on a color scheme for this bad 57? Can't wait to see the end product!

I was thinking of keeping it yellow ,flat black hood ,painted on '57 side trim ,and red 57 numbers and lettering ROY.

Pat.... I am loving this project. This is too cool. I was so inspired by ira's deals wheels builds that I was able to find a couple a hobby shop in my home town when i was visiting there a couple weeks ago. These look like fun builds for sure. I really want to pick up one of these '57 kits too. Looking forward to more. Everything is perfect on this build... love the stance and the wheels. Nice work!!

Thanks Chris ! Ira's Car-toon contest got me into building them . I have a couple more started and some idea's for some more . This one started from a glue bomb ,but I have a brand new one that I won from Ira's contest. I think it's going to be a Black Widow car :) They are fun to do,I would really like to see what you would do to one :)

That air cleaner and wing nut are off the chain!! May I ask what the drivers arms are made from? They look sculpted from something. Such a cool build!

Thanks Mike ! The hands are kit pieces but the rest is sculpey clay. He has to have arms for the tattoo's :)

Edited by Road Runner 79

Thanks Chris ! Ira's Car-toon contest got me into building them . I have a couple more started and some idea's for some more . This one started from a glue bomb ,but I have a brand new one that I won from Ira's contest. I think it's going to be a Black Widow car :) They are fun to do,I would really like to see what you would do to one :)

That is so cool I think the Black Widow car would be awesome to do. I would love to do the '57 cause it looks to be a gasser to me and totally cool. I was able to score one of the Camaro's and a Firebrid. Which I think I will be doing the Camaro first and was thinking of ditching the engine sticking out of the hood.....to creating a Cowl Hood for it. I think it would definitely make it different. And I am already trying to figure out what color to go with for it...lol I really need some fun and easy builds that will be quick builds because all I have been working on for the past 2-1/2 years has been my detailed 1/16th scale Army Vega it seems like...lol Looking forward to more updates.

That is so cool I think the Black Widow car would be awesome to do. I would love to do the '57 cause it looks to be a gasser to me and totally cool. I was able to score one of the Camaro's and a Firebrid. Which I think I will be doing the Camaro first and was thinking of ditching the engine sticking out of the hood.....to creating a Cowl Hood for it. I think it would definitely make it different. And I am already trying to figure out what color to go with for it...lol I really need some fun and easy builds that will be quick builds because all I have been working on for the past 2-1/2 years has been my detailed 1/16th scale Army Vega it seems like...lol Looking forward to more updates.

I've looked at your Vega , It looks beautiful . I still haven't made it through all 117 pages :D The Firebird would look great in black and gold ,it would go with the Big and Little Enos Burdette Caddy I want to build ,cow horns, blue suits with yellow ties :blink:

I've looked at your Vega , It looks beautiful . I still haven't made it through all 117 pages :D The Firebird would look great in black and gold ,it would go with the Big and Little Enos Burdette Caddy I want to build ,cow horns, blue suits with yellow ties :blink:

Pat... Thanks for the kinds comments about my Vega F/C and taking the time to go thru the pages. I know there is a lot of pages to thru. That would be cool for the firebird to be black and gold. That caddy sounds like a killer project. Love the idea of cow horns on it. I am debating on painting the camaro HOK planet green with either black or white stripes but still not sure yet lol.