Model Cars Magazine Forum

Most Swoopy car to you ?

Same goes for the Mercedes 300SL Gullwing and roadster.

I don't know, the 300SL never really struck me as swoopy, especially compared to the prewar K models. There's enough modelling there to keep it from looking like a bar of soap, but there's nothing really extravegant there. I think what makes it work is that it's a very solid, no-nonsense look. Not really an art object so much as a well crafted tool for moving two people at high speed.

I don't know, the 300SL never really struck me as swoopy, especially compared to the prewar K models. There's enough modelling there to keep it from looking like a bar of soap, but there's nothing really extravegant there. I think what makes it work is that it's a very solid, no-nonsense look. Not really an art object so much as a well crafted tool for moving two people at high speed.

A car with wings isn't swoopy?? :)

Anyway, here's one that was mentioned but not shown, but a couple of more audacious versions have been posted: Talbot-Lago teardrop coupe, the epitome of swoopy, restrained elegance -- to me, even more appealing than the Bugatti Atlantic.

Talbot_Lago_1937_T150_SS.jpg

Edited by sjordan2

Swoopy Semi ? Corvette-truck.jpg

If Snoopy were a semi instead of a Beagle...maybe this would be a swoopy Snoopy! :lol: It has tinted glass to represent his "Joe Cool" sunglasses and all.

In all seriousness, there is no way someone could look at those wing things (if that is even a term) without thinking of Snoopy's ears.

Edited by Skydime

I think this one needs to be here. It's the Black Pearl owned by Metalica's James Hetfield and featured in the latest Rodder's Journal. The body started a flat sheet steel and yet needs details and wheels ... and the black paint. To me it's Swoopy with an American Custom accent. The photos are borrowed from a H.A.M.B. thread.

BlackPearlP1040933_JPG_zpse5a560bf.jpg

BlackPearlP1040930_JPG_zps8aa3e515.jpg

BlackPearlP1040929_JPG_zps9a1187af.jpg

BlackPearlP1040932_JPG_zpsec6d8efb.jpg

BlackPearlP1040934_JPG_zpsd442eb99.jpg

Simply beautiful!!

I think this one needs to be here. It's the Black Pearl owned by Metalica's James Hetfield and featured in the latest Rodder's Journal. The body started a flat sheet steel and yet needs details and wheels ... and the black paint. To me it's Swoopy with an American Custom accent. The photos are borrowed from a H.A.M.B. thread.

BlackPearlP1040933_JPG_zpse5a560bf.jpg

BlackPearlP1040930_JPG_zps8aa3e515.jpg

BlackPearlP1040929_JPG_zps9a1187af.jpg

BlackPearlP1040932_JPG_zpsec6d8efb.jpg

BlackPearlP1040934_JPG_zpsd442eb99.jpg

Simply beautiful!!

I must agree. Very nice looking.

Charlie Larkin

I am now mightily curious. When there are so many really beautiful, well proportioned and creatively styled cars in the world to look at and learn from, and to provide inspiration, how is it that so many mediocre and even ugly cars make it into production?? :huh:

My thoughts also.