Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

I'm on board with Filiberto's and all the family 'Berto's joints. For a nice change of pace, love Macayo's! Then there's La Canasta El Capitola! Muy bien!

Those are good..the Mexican places I like alot that are close to home in Central Phoenix are Via de Los Santos, Los Taquitos, Los Dos Molinos, and Otro Cafe. Not familiar w/ Carumbas. I like America's Tacos also, have one near home and one near my office in Tempe.

Edited by Rob Hall

Those are good..the Mexican places I like alot that are close to home in Central Phoenix are Via de Los Santos, Los Taquitos, Los Dos Molinos, and Otro Cafe.

Central Phoenix and South Phoenix are a whole nuther ball game in the authenticity game compared to us gringos up north B)

Those are good..the Mexican places I like alot that are close to home in Central Phoenix are Via de Los Santos, Los Taquitos, Los Dos Molinos, and Otro Cafe.

I like Via de Los Santos, too. Los Taquitos, Los Dos Molinos, and Otro Café are on my "one of these days" list.

Two good old fashioned Mexican food restaurants are El Charro in Mesa and Tee Pee on East Indian School Road. You haven't lived a righteous life until you've gotten those two notches on your belt!

I like Via de Los Santos, too. Los Taquitos, Los Dos Molinos, and Otro Café are on my "one of these days" list.

Two good old fashioned Mexican food restaurants are El Charro in Mesa and Tee Pee on East Indian School Road. You haven't lived a righteous life until you've gotten those two notches on your belt!

Haven't been to those..another older one in Cen Pho I've like once in a while is Ajo Als..

Adding to list from Greg and Rob , Popo's Fiesta Del Sol Restaurant at 67th Ave and Indian School Rd

What about Taco Bell? LOL

Only when I want my stomach to be upset :lol: , I used to love Taco Bell, but they change their beans, and ever since, the food has not been the same, I no longer eat there very often

My burgers are pretty good (in my opinion). I start with 2 pounds of ground sirloin and mix in 1/2 cup of Italian bread crumbs with an egg and just mix everything together. Flatten the burger out on wax paper and threw them on the grill.

Costco burgers here, but gotta have bacon on them, or as I like to say, add a little bit of burger to bacon please.

Edited by martinfan5

HOW could I forget Auntchilada's???? I love the one in Dreamy Draw. It's the best!

General Lee speaking, Mexican food and I just don't agree!!!

General Lee speaking, Mexican food and I just don't agree!!!

Generally lee speaking, Mexican and me get along, but like I said, Taco Bell, not anymore , same with pizza now, I get heart burn a lot more often now after eating pizza, but it could be that I eat an entire medium thin crust in one seating almost.

Is it better to be miserable and live a long life... or be happy but check out sooner?

We only live once that we know of so far, so live life to its fullest, enjoy life to its fullest, no regrets, there is no answer to that, everyone is going have a different opinion on that, but for me, I live for today, not for something that who's know when is going to happen.

Edited by martinfan5

I like pizza, esp. from the local chain Spinatos but sometimes their sauce doesn't like me. I'm generally pretty adventurous with food--I love spicy Asian cuisine--Indian, Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese..always keep Immodium handy to keep things stable, though.

I'm on board with Filiberto's and all the family 'Berto's joints. For a nice change of pace, love Macayo's! Then there's La Canasta El Capitola! Muy bien!

The 'Bertos places have burritos/burros the size of a house-cat... for cheap. I was shocked the first time I ordered one. Seriously, it was like a small loaf of bread.

And they're pretty tasty.

David G.

The 'Bertos places have burritos/burros the size of a house-cat... for cheap. I was shocked the first time I ordered one. Seriously, it was like a small loaf of bread.

And they're pretty tasty.

David G.

One of my favorite "Bertos" place's was the one that is just west of 43rd Ave on Bell Rd, we use to go there many of times at around 0230 in the morning after cosmic bowling for three hours.

Edited by martinfan5

One of my favorite "Bertos" place's was the one that is just west of 43rd Ave on Bell Rd, we use to go there many of times at around 0230 in the morning after cosmic bowling for three hours.

There is one on Glendale and 7th St that replaced a Whataburger, I go there once in a while for a breakfast burrito..used to go to one on 7th Ave around McDowell or Thomas when I worked downtown..

Generally lee speaking, Mexican and me get along, but like I said, Taco Bell, not anymore , same with pizza now, I get heart burn a lot more often now after eating pizza, but it could be that I eat an entire medium thin crust in one seating almost.

Just an FYI Jonathan, Taco Bell is not Mexican Food.

Wait, we went from bad drivers to tacos? :lol:

On a food related rant, a few weeks ago I raced a hare scramble at my favorite riding spot. I know the place like the back of my hand, so I did pretty well. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of eating Subway before the race, and got to spend the rest of the day looking into the toilet bowl after I finished. Nothing like the satisfaction of finishing an hour and thirty minute race, only to be hacking up your lunch an hour later. Eat fresh my a--. <_<