Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

My sinuses, they've started to drain again and I'm coughing as though I smoked for 30 years..........

Although, since the Ebola scare is over, I don't have to worry that some paranoid idiot might try to get me quarentined for having that.......or worse!

Well, the older I get, the less of a hurry I am in. Life is too precious to need to go as fast as possible everywhere I go.

Interesting point of view, and just about the opposite of mine.

As I become more and more aware of the last of my minutes and hours ticking away, I'd frankly rather not spend them in traffic...just get out of my way and let me get where I'm going, so I can DO something. :D

Interesting point of view, and just about the opposite of mine.

As I become more and more aware of the last of my minutes and hours ticking away, I'd frankly rather not spend them in traffic...just get out of my way and let me get where I'm going, so I can DO something. :D

Die? Seriously, driving is the most dangerous thing we do daily. Why make it more so? Speed is fine, on a track, but not in traffic. I fear for my life every day, because people are nuts. Twice inside a month on 2 lane roads I had to take the shoulder, nearly the ditch to avoid getting hit head on.

Die? Seriously, driving is the most dangerous thing we do daily. Why make it more so? Speed is fine, on a track, but not in traffic. I fear for my life every day, because people are nuts. Twice inside a month on 2 lane roads I had to take the shoulder, nearly the ditch to avoid getting hit head on.

I agree in principle. I drive the posted limits, but I tend to accelerate quicker than most, and have zero patience for folks who don't seem to be able to make decisions, or seem to be unsure of where they're going...or most especially, sit halfway through greens while fiddling with something on the seat, or the smart-phone.

If you're going to drive, please focus on it, try for some competence, and give it the attention it deserves...or get out of my way. :)

Bruce who?

got rained out at work today, so i figured i would post in what pleased you today by surprising the wife & cleaning the house.....

well, she was surprised....

attachicon.gif694_opt.jpgattachicon.gif695_opt.jpg

did'nt see her laptop headphones.....

she did not think my comment 'bout them being "wireless" now was funny either.....

on the bright side, you now have some wire that you can use on your models. ;)

I agree in principle. I drive the posted limits, but I tend to accelerate quicker than most, and have zero patience for folks who don't seem to be able to make decisions, or seem to be unsure of where they're going...or most especially, sit halfway through greens while fiddling with something on the seat, or the smart-phone.

If you're going to drive, please focus on it, try for some competence, and give it the attention it deserves...or get out of my way. :)

Bruce who?

I agree with that 100%! Except with fuel prices I tend to accelerate a bit more slowly to conserve fuel.

Here's a good story from this past weekend. My wife and I went to a bed & breakfast in New Hope, PA which is across a walkable bridge from Lambertville, NJ. There was a restaurant there she had wanted to eat in. We went in and asked if they were BYOB, and the ladies at the hostess station said yes, and directed us to go two blocks up, and two blocks across to a liquor store.

After we return from that long walk with a six pack, the very same lady asks, "Do you have a reservation? You need a reservation." I'm flaberghasted! I start to reason, "Hey, you sent us to buy liquor..." My usually timid little wife pushes me out of the way and goes right into this lady's face and starts screaming, "It's our anniversary and I'm having an operation next week and I AM having dinner here right now!" We were immediately shown to a good table.

Bruce who?

This.

Here's a good story from this past weekend. My wife and I went to a bed & breakfast in New Hope, PA which is across a walkable bridge from Lambertville, NJ. There was a restaurant there she had wanted to eat in. We went in and asked if they were BYOB, and the ladies at the hostess station said yes, and directed us to go two blocks up, and two blocks across to a liquor store.

After we return from that long walk with a six pack, the very same lady asks, "Do you have a reservation? You need a reservation." I'm flaberghasted! I start to reason, "Hey, you sent us to buy liquor..." My usually timid little wife pushes me out of the way and goes right into this lady's face and starts screaming, "It's our anniversary and I'm having an operation next week and I AM having dinner here right now!" We were immediately shown to a good table.

GOOD for Mrs. G!!

and a good one that just happened in the last half hour...

I got a call from the Bed & Breakfast we stayed at asking us if we stole their TV remote. Just to be sure I looked through all our luggage and things we had in the room. My wife said it was on the bureau next to the TV when we left.

Then I remembered that when we were leaving, my wife took pictures of the room... an interesting two story thing with a sitting room with a hot tub and a loft like bedroom upstairs. Very nice! So I look at the photo and sure enough, the remote is sitting right where we left it. So I sent the photo to the B&B. The owner called up a few minutes later laughing.

Hmmm. It's been so long since I truly enjoyed anything, I'm beginning to seriously wonder why I continue with the pointless daily grind.

maybe "slow down" and enjoy the journey?

or keep doing the same thing the same way and expect it to change itself.

maybe "slow down" and enjoy the journey?

or keep doing the same thing the same way and expect it to change itself.

Gee willikers. What a simple and obvious solution. Wonder why I didn't think of that. :blink:

Oh wait...the reality is that I've overcome more heavy-duty stressors in the last two years than most people face in a lifetime. I survived and kept going, day after day after day. And saved a couple of other asses in the process. But the shitt just doesn't stop.

And unfortunately, my bills won't pay themselves...even though within the past several years I've cut them to the bone. I changed my life to make a living doing something I used to REALLY enjoy...building hot-rods...and it's turned into what every job has been...I turn out world-class work, put up with lots of aggravation, spend a fair amount of time cleaning up other people's stupidity, get very little management support, receive more and more responsibility (because I can handle it) with no pay increase, yada yada yada.

I'm finishing up a large project, have established a strong local reputation again, and in a couple months, we'll see.

But one thing I WON'T do is walk away from a commitment. :mellow:

Edited by Ace-Garageguy