Model Cars Magazine Forum

Today is Kabuki Awareness Day, --Shriners and Masons alike, please read

DrKerry

If you will, show your support by wearing green today. Our daughter has a rare syndrome called "Kabuki Syndrome", it hits 1 out of 39,000 kids in the world and is a genetic syndrome and causes a ton of medical, learning and functioning issues. Our little girl was born at 1lb 12 ounces and measured at 12 inches long.

Today she is 7 and doing better and is learning to talk and learning to eat by mouth. She had a cleft pallette at birth and has low muscle tone so it's been difficult to learn how to talk let alone eat and swallow.

Looking at her you wouldn't know, she is a bubbly, happy young lady and loves life. She is smart and loves everyone. We call her our little "Rock Star" because everyone that meets her, falls in love with her!!!

If you show support today, Thank YOU and God Bless!!!

Kerry, Lisa and Lilly

IMG_2032_zpsd705ce60.jpg

IMG_2033_zpsa100ba93.jpg

IMG_2034_zps14a96812.jpg

Edited by DrKerry

It just so happens that I'm wearing green today! Awesome story, sounds like you guess are making the best out of a tough situation.

Thank you and yes we are making the best of it. This little lady is MY HERO.

I have a Green Oldsmobile , does that count ?

Hey Ed, today I'll let it count!!!!

Wow. Great little lady! She's got courage beyond her years, and she's indeed fortunate to have such great parents.

God bless your family every day.

I'm going to go change into something green . . .

Thank you Danno

God bless you all. She's an adorable young lady. I personally never wear green because I don't like the color, but I am making an exception today. Keep being who you are, you and your wife, as it's obviously a big part of what makes her so happy. :)

Thanks for making the exception today!!!

She looks healthy and HAPPY!!!! I have an autistic son and someone once told me that god gave special kids to special parents!!!

Amen Jeff, that he did and does!!!! Best of luck with your son, I know with Kabuki there are autistic traits wihin Lilly's syndrome. It shows when she stims when she gets home or is idle. I never thought I'd learn so much medical stuff, some days I think my wife and I are real doctors.

What a precious child, my granddaughter that lives with me, her name is Lilly, your Lilly obviously has some great parents that love her very much, hang in there Kerry, you and your wife have an awesome purpose in life!! ;)

Nice little Kwinkie Dink, both girls named Lilly, lol. Kids are awesome, especially happy and healthy kids. Lilly's syndrome will be a life long challenge but it's also oh so rewarding. Seeing her grow up and become the person she is becoming, I wouldn't change it for the world. People have asked me if we had a chance to do it over, would we change anything. I said Nope, it's made our daughter who she is and it's made mom and dad who we are!!! It's kind of a funny thing but when something this big happens in a persons life, it defines who we are!!!!!

Great story Kerry, l have never known about that but thanks for telling me. Lily and you wife looks so happy. God will continue to bless you. Again thank you for such a great story....

I haven't really Talked about Lilly's syndrome on this board. A lot of my close personal friends on my other board know of her because they see her from time to time. I just felt today was a good day to share my little Lilly!!!

Thanks so much for sharing the information. Great to hear that she is doing so well now. As it turns out, I somehow managed to be in a green shirt today as well! Odd. I just read this, so you must have sent a msg via telepathy ealier this morning. :)

Hmmmmm, hmmmmmm, hmmmmmm, I'm sending more messages for later.... LMBO. Thanks MArk!!!

Keep the fight in you, that's the best way to survive this, or any other challenge. She certainly looks like a happy kid, and two good parents in a stable house make a whole universe of difference. Do the best you can- it's all anyone asks of you, and all you should ever ask of yourself.

If she still needs some attention for her cleft pallette, or any other pediatric dental issues, M.V.O.P.E.R., known commonly as "Grotto," a Masonic-affiliated body, offers assistance for families with children who have dental and oral deformities. I know they'll be happy to help you if you need it.

http://www.hfgrotto.org/

I'm not in Grotto- I belong only to a Craft Lodge, OES and Royal Arch, as well as the Tall Cedars (which helps sponsor MDA), but I know this is a great program that might be of help for you.

I didn't wear anything green Wednesday- didn't see this until now, but I'll try to make up for it this weekend.

Charlie Larkin

One thing that some kids don't get these days is a stable home. My daughter has no worries there. We have a ton of fun around here..

Thank you Charlie for the info. Grotto may be similar to what she is already getting. Lilly is a Shriners girl. Shriners Hospital for Children of Chicago helps kids with dental, cranial and spinal issues. She has had two surgeries so far, one to close the pallette and one to do a Pharengynial Flap Repair to allow her to talk (Pronounciate words) and eat by mouth. Up until two years ago she has been 100% tube fed and is now eating two meals (Pured foods) by mouth. She is improving but it takes awhile with her low muscle tone.

I do appreciate the info and time you took to tell us. Thanks a ton!!!

Thanks for the wearing of the green. LOL