Model Cars Magazine Forum

Whats the weirdest kit in your stash?

I once had a kit of the ISS (The International Space Station) made by Heller but I sold it. It is not really that weird, just spacy and I never got the urge to build it. I do have a Weird-oh kit, the Sling-Rave Curvette....not really weird that either, just ugly. I kind of like the idea of the Heller figure kits of the Simpsons family, want to get my hands on them some time.

It says on the box that it is 77,8cm tall, about the same in height as a 1:25 semi-truck in length but with a base of 30,2cm I guess you need a very big shelf to put it on :)

Holy stuff. That is almost 31 inches tall. That is positively massive. No shelves for this beast. You wouldn't want to put it on the floor. Someone might mistake it for a coat rack!

Now that looks like some work right there! Looks great. How long did that beauty take to build?

It went surprisingly quickly. A couple of nights. The interesting part to me is that all total there are only parts that were glued in. Everything else is held in place with small tabs or just slots into place with a friction fit. They have a lot of kits which are pretty impressive. This is another one of their kits.

wrightflyer.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think it's wierd, but it's different and cool. I want to get the space shuttle with the boosters and launch crawler.

image_zps815f8d3c.jpg

Had one, but sold it. I've seen two that were built so far, one of which was very nice; it showed up here at the IPMS nationals in St Louis, back in 1991.

I have the same problem with several kits, Clayton; perhaps the worst being a partial 1:72 U-Boat bunker I started a couple of years ago. Finding room to display some of my larger projects, is going to be a bit of a challenge, for sure.

I don't think it's wierd, but it's different and cool. I want to get the space shuttle with the boosters and launch crawler.

image_zps815f8d3c.jpg

Now that is huge!!!

Darren: I've definitely never seen that kit before!!!

Anthony: I saw a couple of those Goodyear blimps at the Houston model show for sale!

Tommy: I've never even heard of that car..............let alone the model! :D