Model Cars Magazine Forum

Whats the weirdest kit in your stash?

They offered several different version of that Trumpeter "Red-Flag"

Limo

I have seen it in Red and with an Open passenger compartment with Microphones in holder

at the forward edge of the open area

I want one, but they always start over $30.oo Before shipping!!!!

HongQidash.jpg

HongQirear.jpg

HongQiengine.jpg

These are the only pics I have. The car may be redone later as it's started to fall apart. I also have the topless parade car and another one in red plastic that appears to be the same tooling but is packaged by a different company. My model is modified to suit what I found to be more realistic with what little pics there were of this car at the time. The engine was a chrome plated lump that I traded out for a Ford engine out of the Otaki T-Bird kit. The chassis was modified with chassis parts from a 1/20th scale GMC pick up truck from Lindberg to solve the toylike problems of the kit chassis. gaping holes from a previous motorized chassis were filled in.

Edited by lordairgtar

EBA9722F-F492-4C2C-A2A0-52040E8A69F9_zps

the weirdest kit in my stash as of today, just picked this one up at my local hobby club......

If you ever want to sell that, send me a PM B)

I have been looking for that kit for years, seen it on ebay a couple of times and it went for way more money than I was able to pay.

Maby not so weird,but weirdest in my stash. Found the picture on google.

I have quite a lot of the Heller 1:43 kits including the CX, very nice kits. They are simple but build up great. I'm only missing a few of them and the one that I really look for is the Alfasud.

Some of the others are such gems as the Leyland Princess, Rover SD1, Renault 30, Peugeot 403, Peugeot 604 and Volkswagen K70.

If you ever want to sell that, send me a PM B)

I have been looking for that kit for years, seen it on ebay a couple of times and it went for way more money than I was able to pay.

I have quite a lot of the Heller 1:43 kits including the CX, very nice kits. They are simple but build up great. I'm only missing a few of them and the one that I really look for is the Alfasud.

Some of the others are such gems as the Leyland Princess, Rover SD1, Renault 30, Peugeot 403, Peugeot 604 and Volkswagen K70.

the kit is not complete its missing the decals, and the helicopter, and motor to make it run , other than that its all there. May just keep it to build it as is. not sure yet.

I think most people know what my weirdest kit is. I see it being outclassed by the amoeba though, so I must search for that one now.

Some other weird stuff from the stash (sorry if some a reposts):

kit012.jpg

kit025.jpg

kit026.jpg

kit027.jpg

kit029.jpg

picture023-1.jpg

picture024-1.jpg

I think most people know what my weirdest kit is. I see it being outclassed by the amoeba though, so I must search for that one now.

Some other weird stuff from the stash (sorry if some a reposts):

kit012.jpg

kit025.jpg

kit026.jpg

kit027.jpg

kit029.jpg

picture023-1.jpg

picture024-1.jpg

wow love these kits !!!!!! always love the Japanese type stuff.

There are two examples listed right now, one finished and cheap:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Educational-Products-Inc-AMOEBA-model-kit-Painted-Assembled-/171778261834?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27fec8434a

And one mint and not so cheap:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Educational-Products-Inc-AMOEBA-model-kit-Mint-in-Sealed-Box-/361163034025?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5416fe8da9