Model Cars Magazine Forum

What color should it be ?

The few new rereleases of some old kits I've just opened, thinking of those good old days with the same kits only to be dashed by the sight of the kits being molded in a color other than what I remembered back in the day. :(

To be more specific, two rereleases of some old Renwall military kits expecting the original olive drab color.

I know there is an overwhelming cry for neutral colors i.e. white or gray, but when your nostalgic bent is on seeing the color you remember as a child building these kits, it gets emotional. At least it does for me. :rolleyes:

The recent release of the MPC Petty 1/16th Charger was a BIG disappointment not being shot in clear.

I remember the AMT '36 Ford Coupe / Roadster ( yeah, I know, it's not really a roadster) being gray. My first encounter with the AMT '34 Ford Pick Up was a light blue. I know here on the board this kit has been released in just about any color one can imagine. But it was blue for me. ;)

As a kid I loved the coloured plastic as if I could keep my gluey fingerprints off the body I could get away without painting them.

AMT '57 chevy (old mould) should be brown.

Tom Daniel's Vandal should be black.

Monogram Turbo Cobra should be red.

Monogram '53 Chevy should be light blue.

Tom Daniels's Bad News should be orange and the last release was.

I did not mind it as a kid what color they was molded in because I did not have to paint them. I didn't always have money for paint and I would end up with a paint mess half the time. Now and as a teen I hate the molded colors and AMT is still doing it some. Please white or grey only....