Model Cars Magazine Forum

The "S" word...

Harry P.

Down to 45 right now and power just came back on. Figures right? Coldest night in FLA and the power goes out 2 hours ago. A tree fell and took out a line. Right after that, Marcia was calling to report the power outage and noticed the house behind us was on fire. I ran over through the woods between our properties, pounded on the door and yelled your house is on fire, ran back around the side, turned on the hose and doused the flames. It was the Brighthouse Cable wires that caught fire. Very strange. even the fire fighters couldn't figure it out.

Dad got the Jeep started tonight, thinks the battery is loosing a cell. Took it out and ran it for over an hour to get more charge into the battery and get all the lubes up to temp since it hadn't been driven in more that 24 hours at that point.

In weather like this, is when those issues rear their ugly heads. It's good You got it running Joe.......sometimes I wish I was born a bear. :lol:

Just got a call from work, we're closing early, don't bother coming in, just lost 7.5hrs of pay.

Yesterday we closed early and I only put in 4 hours, should have been another 7.5hrs for yesterday

Sunday would have been 4 hours too, if I hadn't been called off.

Hope we're open for Thursday and Saturday, they're the only shifts I have left this week, and those are only 6 hours each!

It's just a little cold here Joe, that's all, and a warming trend is on the way.

And I'm quite fine with that :P

Oh, Dad borrowed my Jeep this morning, it's been so long since he spent much time behind the wheel of an XJ in these conditions that he forgot how much easier driving in the BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH is!

It's 3* F here and I just finished framing the interior of an unheated garage!! OMFG that was an intense day.

I don,t think my bones will warm up by tomorrow, gotta go back and insulate and vapour barrier.

My boss is a nut.......

oh wait thats me <_<<_<

Hang in there Spring is coming :huh:

OK, the water is back on, but..........

While I was out in my over packed storage unit of a garage to put heat on the water heater and well tank I was climbing over my Harley, slipped, and fell back into the floor jack and landed on the mower deck.

I'm in pain, and my grandson still wants to build my models for me. Did I say I'm in pain?