Model Cars Magazine Forum

The "S" word...

Harry P.

You'd never survive in Pennsylvania. My pool sits in a private spot in the woods. It gets little direct sunlight. It has an electric cover that we use nightly and during the week when we're not using it to keep leaves and critters out. The only way it ever hits 75 is from the heater!

Yeah..I use mine from late May to early October...I like it in the mid summer when the water temp is 92-95..

Ahh, don't plan on counting me in on it, I'd scare the Polar Bears away!!!!!! :lol::D:lol::P

No polar bears here yet... we have deer, a fox and most recently a lost sheep.

sheep_close-vi.jpg

This guy probably escaped from a local farm or nativity scene. Cops say he's been out there a few weeks. My neighborhood email chain gives daily sightings. Nobody has caught him yet.

sheep_close-vi.jpg

This guy probably escaped from a local farm or nativity scene. Cops say he's been out there a few weeks. My neighborhood email chain gives daily sightings. Nobody has caught him yet.

Try Goats milk, I hear they lap it up!!!! :lol::D:lol::D ...er....sorry bad humor.... :(

sheep_close-vi.jpg

Haven't seen sheep wandering around, then again, I have seen enough coyotes that a sheep wouldn't last last all that long.

One of my co-workers also works for Kane County and has been doing a whole bunch of overtime clearing snow and laying salt. He made more money on just Christmas and New Years Days working overtime than I did all last month!

For Monday every school in the state is shut down. Depending on which channel you watch the temp will be between -16 to -22 not factoring in the wind chill. Gosh you got to love MN. no lie I got a cup of coffee yesterday and in 5 minutes it was ice cold and had a slush forming on top while I waited for the bus

I just got in from shoveling. AGAIN! :rolleyes:

So I'm working and working, from the top of the driveway down to where it meets the street. I finally get the last of it off the driveway apron, and literally not more than a minute or two later, here comes the village plow... throwing all that snow that I had just finished clearing off the driveway right back onto the driveway again. :angry:

What are the odds that the minute I finish the driveway, the plow comes by and undoes all my work? :rolleyes:

I just got in from shoveling. AGAIN! :rolleyes:

So I'm working and working, from the top of the driveway down to where it meets the street. I finally get the last of it off the driveway apron, and literally not more than a minute or two later, here comes the village plow... throwing all that snow that I had just finished clearing off the driveway right back onto the driveway again. :angry:

What are the odds that the minute I finish the driveway, the plow comes by and undoes all my work? :rolleyes:

Murphy's Law???!!! ;):o

I remember the snow plows well. The one that came by just as I finished up was bad, but the one I really hated was the one that came by while I was at work and that berm of snow had all day to refreeze into a wall of ice by the time I got home and I had to park in the street until I got my breaker bar out and broke up the ice so I could drive in. That was the worse. You guys are really making me remember why I moved to SoCal!

I remember the snow plows well. The one that came by just as I finished up was bad, but the one I really hated was the one that came by while I was at work and that berm of snow had all day to refreeze into a wall of ice by the time I got home and I had to park in the street until I got my breaker bar out and broke up the ice so I could drive in. That was the worse. You guys are really making me remember why I moved to SoCal!

Insert Nevada for SoCal for me.

G

Another nice day here -40c with -50 windchill. Supposed to last another 3 days. Been similar to this for 7 weeks now

It's thanks to you guys that we're supposed to hit 20 below tonight. Not wind chill, actual temperature.

I wish you guys would just keep your Canadian arctic air up there!!! :lol: