Model Cars Magazine Forum

The "S" word...

Harry P.

Got up this morning and saw that it snowed overnight... so I went out at 8 AM to shovel. After I finished I drove to McD to get a big cup of coffee in the drive-thru... got home, put the car away and felt like a job well done.

Then it started snowing again! :lol::rolleyes:

It's not like we got much snow Harry, it was barely enough to bother leaving the Jeep in 4wd.

The Lovely Lori decided she did not want to drive this morning so I got to take the HHR to work. Holy ######!!! ###### traction control is crazy weird. I found I could drive better with it off than on. ###### brakes kept clicking on and off trying to find bite on the road. Turned it off and drove rally style to work. Much better when I have control.Not much snow, but icy.

My mother had an Olds Intrigue with that. Sometimes it worked very well and did what you wanted.

Other times, it worked too well and you'd either get into more trouble or couldn't get in trouble because you couldn't move, which creates a whole other set of problems.

Charlie Larkin

Chicago, 1967, from the Hemmings blog:

Chicago1967_2000-700x655.jpg

Look how the Buick(?) is plowed in, and was probably parked before the snow started accumulating, and the other cars are parked at least one lane off the curb due to all the snow built up in the parking lane. That was always fun to get out of with a RWD car. :lol:

Too young for that mess (wasn't born 'til '76) and my folks were still in Iowa......and I think that was a matter of months before they got married. We also managed to miss out on '79 too, they had moved back to Iowa and had me while there and we didn't move here until right before Thanksgiving that year.