Model Cars Magazine Forum

The "S" word...

Harry P.

I myself am in no hurry for spring. We here in Arizona have our own "S" words. Summer, Sun, sweat, sun stroke, sun burn. I know, I know, it's a dry heat. So is an oven but it's still hot. : ) Love the winters here near Phoenix. 45 right now but will be about 70 at 3:00.

We had the 6th snowiest December since 1950 (when the new airport was built), seems like every morning we wake up to another 2 inches on the ground. Supposed to get 3-5" tomorrow...

Possible nor'easter tomorrow! I'm not too picky. Four seasons are all cool. Little cold right now and it gets dark too early to fiddle outside but it's a short season.

I really don't mind the four seasons as I do such a LONG winter. It would be more tolerable if the winter was a month shorter. Right now I'm waiting for it to stop snowing again, so I can plow for the second time today. Who knows, maybe I'll have to go out a third time as well. Good news is that the snow-blower is runnin' good.

I really don't mind the four seasons as I do such a LONG winter. It would be more tolerable if the winter was a month shorter. Right now I'm waiting for it to stop snowing again, so I can plow for the second time today. Who knows, maybe I'll have to go out a third time as well. Good news is that the snow-blower is runnin' good.

Hey! that's cool Nick, I've been hearing that we'll have 12" by Friday :blink: Great, just Great!!

2nd. time shoveling for me.

Edited by madhorseman

It's still a way off, so things could change... but as of today the forecast high temperature for this coming Monday is minus 4º. That's the expected high temp for the day! :rolleyes:

And it's supposed to snow for the next day or two. Possibly up to a foot by Friday.

I just got in the house from another "shove-lable event"... second time today. This time maybe 6" or so. Gotta make room for the snow that's coming tonight and tomorrow! :lol:

Took the Mustang out this morning to go grab a cup of coffee (after excavating the driveway!). Only lost the rear end once... and that was coming out of a turn doing about 5 mph! :rolleyes:

Definitely not a good snow car... :lol:

Yeah, it'll just be cold for a couple of days Harry, but it'll be in the low 80's in Honolulu. Too bad that I don't have any "airline miles" left.

Just think, Nick... after we get through the next 3 months of blinding snowstorms and subzero temps, we can look forward to tornado season!

Gotta love midwest weather... :rolleyes:

Just get rid of that white stuff and the cold. I'm scheduled to go to Grand Rapids next week, spend a couple of days with Mom and then head over to Rockford for a day. I predict that I'll be anxious to get home to FLA.

Supposedly we're in for record-breaking cold next week.

Have a nice trip! :lol:

We have been battling wind chills here between -35 to -50 for two weeks now. Supposed to be -38 c tonight without any windchill added in. I didn't even go outside. Today lol. Only about 90 more days till I can get the cars out

Where's global warming when you need it? :lol:

Yeah, the wife and I spent over 2&1/2 hours out clearing snow today. That included trying to pull some off the roof with the roof rake. People say it's like the old winters we used to have. Yippee! I prefer the new fangled winters we were having where the Toro went through maybe 1 tank of gas. It quit on me today because it ran out of gas. I didn't think I had used it that much to need yet another refill. About the 4th time filling it so far this winter and it's only January 1st! :angry::rolleyes::blink:

When I checked the weather to see how that 3-5" of snow was coming, I was alerted to the pending doom of a NEGATIVE 10-15 degree windchill tomorrow night into Friday Morning. Then Tuesday the High is going to be something like 1, with a low of -11...quick someone turn on dirty coal plant or something, we need to trap some heat in the ozone layer stat...

Edited by niteowl7710

16 inches on the ground so far. And it's still snowing right now... :rolleyes:

Which is why I am glad I moved from there 8 years ago Harry! I don't miss the cold, the snow and the difficulties of driving in that weather.

Be careful out there, just saw the WGN news and it doesn't look like it is going to get better any time soon!

16 inches on the ground so far. And it's still snowing right now... :rolleyes:

Sounds like perfect building weather... unless you paint outside.

Here near Philly we are expecting 2-6" and one of the reports said that if the storm turned we'd get near nothing. So we prepared anyway. I went out and bought a weekend's worth of groceries and gas for the snow blower. So we'll see.