Model Cars Magazine Forum

2014 Revell 2nd Quarter Kit Announcements

gasman

Given the choice, I'd rather have the chrome reverse and baby moons, although the TTs in the '59 kit were also very nice. Incidentally, the '58 also had a choice of intake setups, FI or dual fours with very undersized carbs.

59 still had the factory FI and dual carb parts as well.

If I had to guess at this early stage I'd predict that this new edition will have the modern stuff from the 59, as that would make it different from the 1st issue.

And I forgot to mention it, the up tops were different - the 58 had a soft top and the 59 had a hard top.

Edited by Brett Barrow

Anyone able to confirm or deny if the Sox - Martin Cuda will have the six pack hood on it or not. ?

I have one done to fit the original MPC body and would rather not modify it to fit the new revell body

I would assume it does...the scoop style on the Johan kit didn't appear until '71, I think?

Edited by Rob Hall

The only major difference between the '58 and '59 were the chrome trim strips on the '58 trunk lid. That's why Revell molded the '58 with a separate trunk lid, to make it easier to do a '59 from the same tooling.

'58 had a different hood also..w/ louvers. I assume there are some interior trim differences also.

Can i get to a '59 'vette by using the chrome from the multi piece body '59 kit with the '58 body and chassis?

Joe.

If you can't find one of the new tool (and frankly mis-labled Monogram even though it was a new Revell tool) '59 Corvettes for a decent price -- It took me about a year but I finally got a sealed one on eBay for $9.99 - then just hang out for a bit longer. I would suspect that it's not too far up the reissue pipeline now that the '58 is finally seeing the light of day again. Makes sense to run them both back-to-back while you have the one tool it shares parts with out and cleaned up already and the '62 Vette is fresh.

Edited by niteowl7710

Looks like there are pics of the S&M '70 w/ chrome bumpers and with a body color bumper...multiple cars, I presume or differences through the season.

Sox%26MartinCudaPS.jpg

Probably more a case of when in the season....Plus I would be surprised if there was only the one car for the 1970 season

every pic I've seen of the restored car it has a ft rubber bumper.

I'll have to look thru my files and see if I can find one of back in the day where it shows it with a rubber bumper

Judging by a post on FaceBook from guy that might of let the cat out of the bag, even know we know its coming, I suspect that Revell is going to announce something from the 80's and something that a lot people have been waiting for

I could be 100% wrong as well

Maybe something that rhymes with "utlass" and the body style is the sixth letter in the alphabet? Where on Face book did this go down, I haven't seen anything.