Model Cars Magazine Forum

Porsche 914/6 - FINISHED

afx

Paint the webbing of the beam black. I used permanent marker instead of paint. Cut a strip of your choice of screen material. Apply some glue to the edge of the top and bottom beam flange. Wrap the screen around the beam and allow the glue to dry.

DSCN1087.JPGDSCN1089.JPG

Edited by afx

Here are the completed carbs with air filters attached. Theses are the Revell kit's carbs stripped of chrome, painted Tamiya titanium silver and fuel fittings and fuel lines added.

photo4-vi.jpg

Edited by afx

Here is a picture to show how a black wash (The Detailer, Black-It-Out) can really bring out the detail. Both engines are painted flat aluminum but the engine on the right has the wash added. I will dry brush the raised details with chrome silver just before completion to added further depth and detail .

photo5-vi.jpg

Edited by afx

Well a mini disaster struck when the passenger side A pillar snapped in the middle. A glue only repair didn't last long. After some consultation with a few fellow modelers I decide to reinforce the pillar with .010 strips. It affects the windshield fit some what but it definitely strengthens the pillar and the repair.

DSCN1141.JPG

Edited by afx

Very cool JC, it's coming together beautifully bro! Bring it to the next meeting, I wanna share it in our FB page after I take some pictures of it......

Thanks Marcos. I intended to bring it last meeting by Mother Nature interfered.

Well I’ve been struggling with creating a set of headers. After burning through almost FIVE FEET(!) of .060 rod and 2 evening works I came up with the set on the right. Decent, but I just wasn’t feeling it. I took a break for a day or two, did some thinking and more research and in my first attempt came up with the set on the left. I am much happier with this set. I still need to make a collector that will cover the ends of the shorter pipes The long center pipe will be the single pipe coming out of the collector and connecting to the muffler. Pay no attention to the junk engine block they are currently installed on, I didn't want to work with my finished engine and risk any damage to it.

photo11-vi.jpg

photo12-vi.jpgphoto2-vi.jpg

Edited by afx