Model Cars Magazine Forum

BMF INFO revive it?

• 1 month later...

I am a 1st time user of BMF I have been looking around and I saw a guy that did a youtube video using just regular household foil with some elmers glue any hope to this working ? I could see it being a ton cheaper got a roll of 25ft for a buck and BMF is like 8 bucks for one sheet not trying to be a cheapo but you could save a lot of money but question im getting at is do you think it will work and be effective it showed in the video it works but for all you guys that been around this stuff for years wanna hear your opinions.

Yeah, I saw the video too and plan on giving it a try. The problem I have with my BMF is the adhesive, when I pull the trimmed pieces off they leave their adhesive on the body and it's a pain to get off. Using white glue and tin foil, the glue comes off with water. It might take a little longer but is so much easier to clean up.

Robert

I am a 1st time user of BMF I have been looking around and I saw a guy that did a youtube video using just regular household foil with some elmers glue any hope to this working ? I could see it being a ton cheaper got a roll of 25ft for a buck and BMF is like 8 bucks for one sheet not trying to be a cheapo but you could save a lot of money but question im getting at is do you think it will work and be effective it showed in the video it works but for all you guys that been around this stuff for years wanna hear your opinions.

It all depends on the results you hope to achieve. If you want to build great models, don't scrimp on supplies. A sheet of BMF will give you 2-4 cars. That $2 to $4 a car for perfect chrome. It's way worth it to me!