Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pro Stock BOSS- BOSS 429 With Bob Glidden Guts

Quick GMC

• 2 weeks later...

Not a lot of progress, but some. I don't really know what I'm doing so I have to figure it out as I go. I might take a break for a bit because some parts I've been getting excited for came in.

I added some strips to catch the hood so it would sit flush when closed, but I think this will be displayed with hood off.

I frankenstein'd the two hoods together. I know have to add some epoxy and built up the fender to align with the hood. The windshield from the BOSS kit contours to the TBird hood.

Ixj63tY.jpg

Kesj5Pw.jpg

Lined it up where I needed to splice the two together

5Zfrgij.jpg

nc4GzHY.jpg

Because it was flimsy while gluing together, I put it in place and clamped it together how it would sit naturally and let the glue cure like that so I would get the correct contour.

It needs some widening at the front, but the hood fits perfectly from the bumper up to the cowl

TZYEYAI.jpg

These are new at Home Depot, at least I haven't seen them before. They fit the body and everything.

swD6lB7.jpg

My new helper sleeping on the job. FIRED!

Blgy1TE.jpg

Here is where I have to build up the fender to match the hood

9bo09Ke.jpg

If anyone is interested, I have a Pro Stock T Bird body available, minus the hood. Free to a good home. It's missing the back glass and the rest of the glass is a little rough. I bought it from Ebay.

Edited by Quick GMC

well, you didn't ruin the engine the second time around it seems, that's one beast in there!

that's for another project. I am using the pro stock motor from the Glidden kit. it will be even nastier than that. It's an NA motor, but I just got some nice resin turbos in, so who knows? Most Likely i will stick with kit pieces, but with some nice detail.

that's for another project. I am using the pro stock motor from the Glidden kit. it will be even nastier than that. It's an NA motor, but I just got some nice resin turbos in, so who knows? Most Likely i will stick with kit pieces, but with some nice detail.

Well, judging how you rocked the Pro Stock motor, i have no doubts about how the next one will look.. plus your fab work on the hood and engine bay is fantastic!

Not a lot of progress, but some. I don't really know what I'm doing so I have to figure it out as I go. I might take a break for a bit because some parts I've been getting excited for came in.

I added some strips to catch the hood so it would sit flush when closed, but I think this will be displayed with hood off.

I frankenstein'd the two hoods together. I know have to add some epoxy and built up the fender to align with the hood. The windshield from the BOSS kit contours to the TBird hood.

Ixj63tY.jpg

Kesj5Pw.jpg

Lined it up where I needed to splice the two together

5Zfrgij.jpg

nc4GzHY.jpg

Because it was flimsy while gluing together, I put it in place and clamped it together how it would sit naturally and let the glue cure like that so I would get the correct contour.

It needs some widening at the front, but the hood fits perfectly from the bumper up to the cowl

TZYEYAI.jpg

These are new at Home Depot, at least I haven't seen them before. They fit the body and everything.

swD6lB7.jpg

My new helper sleeping on the job. FIRED!

Blgy1TE.jpg

Don't fire him, he's just a rookie he'll be a great builder one day.

Your progress is looking good man.

God Bless

• 5 years later...