Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ray…….SUPER cool buddy…….I also have a Drag Boat in the works………..1/8 scale……yours is Super cool man.

Thanks John. Didn't you build one a few years ago with a matching van ? Compared to yours mine will look like I built it with my feet but I'm OK with that.

Thanks Danno !

Finished this one up a bit ago. Short recap................AMT 3 in 1 customizing boat kit. A Revell Olds funny car supplied the engine and roof section. Jet drive was made from a Jeep transmission and I know is not very realistic. But as one of the better builders here likes to say, good enough for the girls I go with. Paint is pearl black on the hull and the topside is Reving Red. Decals from the parts box. Cut out the hull so headers could protrude. Didn't come out as good as I would have liked but they never do. Still deciding if I should add a windshield or not. Comments always welcome pro or con. On to the next one !

boatdone2001_zps2eb7e5cd.jpg

boatdone2002_zps3ecd3692.jpg

boatdone2003_zps4034be21.jpg

boatdone2004_zpscce515c7.jpg

Edited by cobraman

Looking really cool. Just got the AMT 3-in-1 boat in the last few days off of eBay. Going to build mine as the stock runabout. I'm glad Ira asked about the paint you used. Always a question I have. The Reving Red, does that have metal flake in it, of is that just the way the light is reflecting off of it? And what brand of paint did you use?

And the last question? What was the deal with Walking Dead reference in your earlier post? I got the impression from a couple of the responses that may be some kind of joke? Sorry to say, I'm sometimes not quickest wit when it comes to understanding some jokes. Was this a joke? And if so, what did you mean?

Scott

But as one of the better builders here likes to say, good enough for the girls I go with.

Man I haven't heard that saying in YEARS! Holy smokes I laughed my butt off when I read that because my dad used to say that ALL the time.......and he got in trouble for it too when mom heard him say it! Hahaha.

Outside of the family relations story, this is a great build Ray. I like the imagination used in it and the color is catchy!! emotion-21.gifemotion-21.gifemotion-21.gif

Thanks so much guys. Yes, Reving Red does have flake in it. It is a Testors paint. The black is the same brand. The Walking Dead comment was a take off on what our friend and great builder John T. said about having a part on a tv show as a April Fools day joke. Also that old saying is something I stole from the same man. It is something he often says. Maybe I had best start copying from some others so John doesn't get mad at me . : ) Sorry John.