Model Cars Magazine Forum

'57 Chevy Bel Air "Speedster" ALL WHEEL DRIVE NORTHSTAR pics UPDATE (8-10-2014)

Kennyboy

So I was visiting with DrKerry yesterday, he and I were shooting ideas back and forth of upcoming build ideas (Darn it he gets me going on new projects whenever we get together! :lol: )......I remember saying at one point that I had an idea to do something with a 57 Chevy kit I got in a recent trade. Then came the brainstorming and this is the result from last nights Dremel session (About 1/2 hour):

57 Chevy with a Saleen Speedster center section :D Thinking of Porsche 993 headlights to freshen up the front end. Stay tuned!! (Oh, it will be down and dirty like this when done too!)

P1030039_zpsf7b55169.jpg

P1030038_zpsa227a7a0.jpg

P1030036_zps4087b39b.jpg

P1030037_zps7c7b6e5e.jpg

Edited by Kennyboy

Is this the one with a C5-C6 Corvette drive line.

Nope Len, but that is not a bad idea!

(Marked down on paper for future use.)

That is a cool look. That mustang windshield looks to fit like a glove

Sure does Fred! Couldn't believe it myself!

Did you take the cowl, tops of doors and rear convertible trim as one piece so hypothetically the mustang uptop would fit too? I am working on the bee btw...

Yep took it all as one piece.....I wont be using the uptop though. Wanna do it as a California type "Forever topdown" B)

Very nice overall look. I've used that Saleen tonneau on several models over the past 6 or so years. Liked it so much, I made a mold to copy them without having to buy a whole kit every time. Good idea of yours to transplant the entire top edge of the cabin and w/s frame. Looks good.

great start. love the idea, in fact love it so much I did that with a 65 impala. not nearly as good as yours, but it just may have to come back out on the bench after seeing this one.

great job. I will be watching.