Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

...and saw this one, right out of the '70s, at a recent airshow

P1017713_zpsqfnz8o5j.jpg

mike

That Olds is defo 60's.   Just not familiar with the way the Canadian models looked around the bumpers.  I'd say that Olds is a 66 Cutlass Coupe.  Classy cars back in the day.

I missed it again.  Just around the corner from where I live is a beautifully restored 60's Citroen DS in light green metallic, a beauty.  If the sun shines tomorrow I'm taking the camera down the hill and having a closer look.  It's a beauty.

That Olds is defo 60's.   Just not familiar with the way the Canadian models looked around the bumpers.  I'd say that Olds is a 66 Cutlass Coupe.  Classy cars back in the day.

It's actually a '66 Delta 88 with Buick wheels. What I was referring to was the accessory sidepipes...

m

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw this healthy-sounding '67 Valiant this week. It was in a very good condition, a nice one!

WP_20161003_19_17_23_Pro.jpg?img=img1280

And last weekend at a local Burger-Restaurant I saw this legendary Finnish Custom '59 Mercury that was Customized this way several decades ago. Cool!

DSCN5110.JPG?img=img1280

I saw what looked to be a nicely done (maybe '69 or '70) GTO convertible. It was black with a white top, it looked a little weird. I think it needed a stripe or something to break up the solid black. Sorry, no photo. We were going 60 mph in opposite directions.

I would definitely take a ride in that if I ever had the opportunity.

$2200 for 30 minutes. I did the math--that's @ $1.25 per second.:o Yes, I looked behind all the cushions of every sofa in the house. Didn't quite make it--only about $2198.75 short. Maybe next year. :(

That's the Collings Foundation TP-51D; they just recently got the restoration finished. It was built up from parts; the cowling with the name Toulouse Nuts came from a Mustang that was in the West Virginia Air National Guard in the 1950s. They found a photo of that plane and painted this one to match it. A bit unusual to see a Mustang in that scheme, but the Guard used Mustangs up until 1957.

The real Toulouse Nuts that the cowl came from:

toulouse300dpi.png

(Photo by Locobuster via the Warbird Information Exchange)

Edited by ChrisBcritter