Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

I have many things to be pleased about. I have to say the friends I have made on this forum and so many times I have received parts for nothing in return. It is so great that the model brother hood is strong. I received some parts and a few extras and feel so blessed. I am proud to be part of this forum and having you guys as friends. Very soon when I feel a little better I have some builds to get posted..

Saw the thoracic surgeon this morning... my CT scan showed a slight improvement since the last one. He told me that I should have the surgery done to remove the useless lung lobe, but it could wait for a few months....whew!! Feels like I just was handed the "Get out of jail" card! (Temporarily)

Saw the thoracic surgeon this morning... my CT scan showed a slight improvement since the last one. He told me that I should have the surgery done to remove the useless lung lobe, but it could wait for a few months....whew!! Feels like I just was handed the "Get out of jail" card! (Temporarily)

We paid off our mortgage today.

Both big news. Congratulations, guys.

We had a "club build" at the library where our model club normally meets, yesterday. Another great time with the guys from the club. We just brought in some of our kits. Our tools. And did what ever could be done without spray painting. Had breakfast at a local restaurant before the build. Pizza in the afternoon. Car movies in the background. One member brought his grandson, who is in his early teens, and who did a great job detail painting his Batman and Robin figures for his Polar Lights 1/32nd scale Batmobile kit. A chip off the old block. His grandfather is one of the best figure painters in the club. Our club leader, sitting next to me, was working on replicating the Mooneyes dragster from a recent issue of Model Cars magazine. Very cool! I work on my Fujimi Porsche 917K. It was fun to see the diversity of kits people brought. We also had non-members/non-builders stopping in to see what we were up to. A good way to promote the hobby.

A very fun time, with a lot of great guys. What more can one ask for?

Scott

What pleased me today? Same thing that's pleased me every day for the past 4 days!

Life's great, health's great, friends are great, Goodguys Spring Nationals just 20 days away, DESERT SCALE CLASSIC just 49 days away, IPMS NV just 56 days away, and GSL just 67 days away, and . . .

Edited by Danno

What pleased me today? Same thing that's pleased me every day for the past 4 days!

Life's great, health's great, friends are great, Goodguys Spring Nationals just 20 days away, DESERT SCALE CLASSIC just 49 days away, IPMS NV just 56 days away, and GSL just 67 days away, and . . .

imagesqtbnANd9GcS5ZiBuqmArbPHKxoPiN_zps0

Snow day !

Yes, it's less than an inch of ice and snow, but this is the South. Everyone smart just stayed home and I'm not required to go in.

Me? I've been driving in this stuff all my life, but venturing out in it around here, you might as well paint targets on your doors. Hundreds will for sure sled merrily through red lights today while they wonder why the 4WD, traction-control and ABS don't seem to be working.

There have been sirens all around all morning as the first-responders rescue the inevitable physics-doesn't-apply-to-me yups from their overturned 4WD Lexi.

But my vehicle is probably pretty safe parked in the driveway. :)