Model Cars Magazine Forum

So we finally get a Starsky and Hutch Torino, How about series of TV kits ?

Almost forgot about Travolta's "Firebird Fever". Picked it up at a swap meet for five bucks solely because I couldn't stop laughing. I mean look at his face on the box, It doesn't get any better than this!(Pic pulled from the web because I'm lazy)

$(KGrHqVHJFQFGMOPJP6OBRkie1vvk!~~60_35.J

Edited by Austin T

So, lets list all the T.V. Show cars in our collections and see how much we have in common. No movie cars!!

MPC DOH General Lee

MPC DOH Daisy's Jeep

MPC DOH Roscoe's Police Car

AMT My Mother The Car Porter

AMT Vegas Thunderbird

MPC Fonz Dream Rod AKA Butchered Monkee Mobile

MPC Monkee Mobile

MPC The Fonz and hIs Bike

Revell Charlie's Angels Van

Revell Hardy Boys Van

MPC Barnaba's Van

AMT Farrah's Foxy Vette

Revell John Travolta's Firebird Fever

Revell Stingray Corvette

Revell Baa Baa Black Sheep Corsair

Revell Baa Baa Black Sheep Zero

Revell Magnum P.I. Ferrari 308 GTS

Revell Magnum P.I. TC's Chopper

Monogram New Monkee's Mustang

AMT Riptide Corvette

MPC Six Million Dollar Man Bionic Bust out

MPC Six Million Dollar Man Evil Rider

Revell Chip's Kawasaki Patrol Bike

Polar Lights Batman Batmobile Snap and Glue versions

MPC Bionic Woman Repair Station

Monogram Simon & Simon Z28 Camaro

Monogram Mork & Mindy CJ Jeep

And I am sure I missed a couple in the stash.

So, what do you have and would you buy any of these or others if re-issued?

MPC Hardcastle & McCormick gmc pickup

AMT a-team gmc van

MPC fall guy gmc pickup

MPC doh roscoe's squad car

MPC daisy dukes plymouth

MPC doh general lee

thats all i have for t.v. cars, i hope round2 re-issues the fall guy truck (with the proper grille this time)

Lots of good ideas here.

The Imperial convertible- I'd buy a pile of those. One of my favorite designs from the 1960s.

Adam-12 cruisers- YES! Again, I'd be in for multiples, and how about Mac's wagons, too.

Rockford's Firebird would be nice. I always liked the look of that car.

The Vista Cruiser- again, I'd buy at least two or three of those for stock, a H/O wagon, and possibly to convert into a standard-wheelbase, low-roof Cutlass wagon.

I'd also buy a Mark IV or two because I like them. How about one of Barnaby Jones' LTDs or the 1973 Galaxie 500 4-door hardtop in Streets of San Francisco?

With MeTV, Antenna, RTV and COZI, a lot of these great shows are coming back in full force, so I think they might have a real shot at selling.

Charlie Larkin

I would like to see some hawaii five o models like macgarrett's two cars the 68 parklane and the 74 mercury marquis and a hpd squad car i would also like to see some cars from the new hawaii five o like danno's black camaro macgarrett's blue shevy silverado kono's chevy cruze chin ho's motorcycle in 1/24 scale and one of the hpd chevy impalas

Come on, Austin! It's not like he has some crazed look on his face! Like, if here where in a cult or something! ..........................Uh oh.............

My sister and I get each other prank presents. One year she gave me a pair of Barbie size man dolls that she got at the Dollar Store. One was white, the other black... but they had faces like mean felons. Little kids would be afraid of these dolls. We couldn't stop laughing. Figure that this was some Chinese designer's idea of what Americans looked like.

MPC Hardcastle & McCormick gmc pickup

AMT a-team gmc van

MPC fall guy gmc pickup

MPC doh roscoe's squad car

MPC daisy dukes plymouth

MPC doh general lee

thats all i have for t.v. cars, i hope round2 re-issues the fall guy truck (with the proper grille this time)

Thanks for reminding me of what else I misssed in the collection!

MPC Hardcastle & McCormick GMC Pick Up

MPC Hardcastle & McCormick Coyote

AMT The A Team GMC Van

Plus a bunch of Battle Star Galactica, Lost in Space, Start Trek and other misc stuff.

So, lets list all the T.V. Show cars in our collections and see how much we have in common. No movie cars!!

MPC DOH General Lee

MPC DOH Daisy's Jeep

MPC DOH Roscoe's Police Car

AMT My Mother The Car Porter

AMT Vegas Thunderbird

MPC Fonz Dream Rod AKA Butchered Monkee Mobile

MPC Monkee Mobile

MPC The Fonz and hIs Bike

Revell Charlie's Angels Van

Revell Hardy Boys Van

MPC Barnaba's Van

AMT Farrah's Foxy Vette

Revell John Travolta's Firebird Fever

Revell Stingray Corvette

Revell Baa Baa Black Sheep Corsair

Revell Baa Baa Black Sheep Zero

Revell Magnum P.I. Ferrari 308 GTS

Revell Magnum P.I. TC's Chopper

Monogram New Monkee's Mustang

AMT Riptide Corvette

MPC Six Million Dollar Man Bionic Bust out

MPC Six Million Dollar Man Evil Rider

Revell Chip's Kawasaki Patrol Bike

Polar Lights Batman Batmobile Snap and Glue versions

MPC Bionic Woman Repair Station

Monogram Simon & Simon Z28 Camaro

Monogram Mork & Mindy CJ Jeep

And I am sure I missed a couple in the stash.

So, what do you have and would you buy any of these or others if re-issued?

Some of those aren't actual cars seen in a TV show. They are concoctions made up by the model maker. Charlie's Angels van....no, Hardy Boys van...no, Farrah Vette...no. Fonzie's car....no, Barnabas' Vampire van...no,

I would like to see some hawaii five o models like macgarrett's two cars the 68 parklane and the 74 mercury marquis and a hpd squad car i would also like to see some cars from the new hawaii five o like danno's black camaro macgarrett's blue shevy silverado kono's chevy cruze chin ho's motorcycle in 1/24 scale and one of the hpd chevy impalas

Way back in '75-'76, I used to see cops in Waikiki riding around in such mid-sized cars as Monte Carlos, Cougars, Torinos, etc. These were not plain-jane, 4-door, brown paper wrappers. They were all two-doors, decked out with vinyl roofs, high-end wheel covers, upscale trim levels, whitewalls- and a dash-mounted red (or blue, I forget) light when needed.

Way back in '75-'76, I used to see cops in Waikiki riding around in such mid-sized cars as Monte Carlos, Cougars, Torinos, etc. These were not plain-jane, 4-door, brown paper wrappers. They were all two-doors, decked out with vinyl roofs, high-end wheel covers, upscale trim levels, whitewalls- and a dash-mounted red (or blue, I forget) light when needed.

Back then, Honolulu Police Officers provided their own vehicles for work. The sheriff's department I worked for in Colorado in that same timeframe did the same. So, we had a wide and strange variety of patrol vehicles on the streets, each individually owned by the deputy driving it. It made for interesting times. I'm sure HPD was the same.

Some of those aren't actual cars seen in a TV show. They are concoctions made up by the model maker. Charlie's Angels van....no, Hardy Boys van...no, Farrah Vette...no. Fonzie's car....no, Barnabas' Vampire van...no,

But, they are T.V. Show related

Oh, and I forgot, AMT the Munster Coach and Dragula!

How about an obscure kit? I have an MPC "Then Came Bronson" motorcycle.

That qualifies! And I think they even made model kits of the Banana Splits characters with vehicles

Edited by Daddyfink