Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Mustang GT Funny Car AWB

AC Norton

I'm with you, Gerald, easier to enjoy building them without the heavy lifting of major work,,,lol,,,,,just add water, shake, and presto...a nice, fresh , easy altered wheelbase car...........the ace.. :lol: ...oh, I think most of us are excited about the corvair funny....can't wait...

I'd love to see the Chevelle too but I believe the body became the dirt track racer and is now too far gone to be brought back. You could make your own with any of the kits (such as Rat Packer) and the Revell '65 Z16, though. I'm thinking of going that way myself.

Finishing one now.

Quick build, just to see how it goes together.

Got plenty of ideas.

Didn't change mutch.

Rear shocks, tires, rims.

De Chromed the valve covers, stacks. Flattened the headlites.

Aluminated stacks with Testors metal.

Added valve stems.

Bought another one just for parts on future projects.

I remember this kit from the '60's.

28tjt6a.jpg

2q352ww.jpg33zbuyv.jpg

There is a 65 Chevelle body shell on Ebay with 2 days left. It is up to 20 bucks.

I bought one there a couple years ago. Resin repop, but magnificent--all the details and emblems are there. I'm gonna un-alter the wheelbase and make it a stock or stock-ish car, it's so nice.

I bought one there a couple years ago. Resin repop, but magnificent--all the details and emblems are there. I'm gonna un-alter the wheelbase and make it a stock or stock-ish car, it's so nice.

I do not think this is a resin but it is painted. The rear bumper is present as are the tail lights, glued in place as are the front bumper with a blacked out grill. just no hood .

As a side note, The first contact I had with this kit was in the mid '60's. The Sunday school class I was in got to bring Christmas gifts to exchange. Boys brought boys gifts. Girls the same. Mom took me to K Mart and I immediately snapped the Mustang up. They put numbers on the gifts, and you reached into a basket and pulled out a number. Man you should have seen me fishing for the Mustang #. Fingers crossed and all...

Didn't get it though...BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH!

I had 2 of the Old F85 kit Way back when

Got them at a Convenience store

(Actually a Mom&Pop Sell ALL type store). "Parks Market" was the name

Wish I had Parts from One of them now!!

I am not that in to this type car now, But if the EDSEL or the Olds were re-issued, I Would Definitely get those!!

And now I may get the Mustang to convert/bash with the 66 Coupe for a stock 2+2 myself.

I am hopeful that at some point round 2 amt may just gear up and dig out some other awb kits that all would enjoy...lets hope...the ace.. :P

I think the Chevelle and the F-85 are the only ones that haven't been repopped by either R2 or Model King in the last decade or so. The Chevelle molds are gone, made into the nasty dirt tracker. Who knows about the F-85 molds? Would be cool if R2 could somehow combine those two tools and give us an F-85 with a standard top. I'd buy at least a couple of those.

• 2 months later...