Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Track Rat" Fox body build - Finished!

exesivefire

So instead of offsetting the radiator, would could go with small twin radiators mounted differently or in a completely different location, or the single radiator down lower and at an angle, with the bottom tilted backwards. Like they do on alot of other racecars and some exotics.

Food for thought and additional options to think about.

time to tackle that radiator issue, figured i should make an intercooler while I was at it.

Found all my radiators I thought could help.

DSC09606_zpsf512b239.jpg

ended up deciding just to work with the stock one. cut the tanks off and narrowed the offending side a bit.

DSC09609_zpsf6c501b9.jpg

styrene added to remake the tanks, wanted to go for an aftermarket aluminum look.

DSC09611_zpsd1d89412.jpg

that should do! Need to add the filler and the hose locations, but I'm happy with it.

DSC09621_zps91a1d9b9.jpg

DSC09622_zpsf3242e7f.jpg

I wish I had done that core support on mine. It's tough to get the chassis/ interior in together since the area behind the quarters is so tight and it has to go in first. I got lucky doing my steering rack too. Very minor trim in an unseen area and it fit

thats the main driver, because of the exhaust and the order I need to assemble everything it was almost impossible to get that in the right spot. and now with the radiator change you can see a lot of that area too..

I also noticed your rad area had that weird piece missing! I opened all 8 of mine and 3 newer ones were this way and the rest were fine! I fixed mine but you can't see it anyway. Lol.

the part missing behind the radiator? yeah I thought that was weird, I didnt worry much because I planned on cutting that area anyway.

Got it pretty close, I know its not 100% correct, but I think it looks a lot better than the big hunk of plastic up there.

DSC09671_zps9c8c8578.jpg

DSC09673_zps12e9f001.jpg

DSC09677_zps704852ab.jpg