Model Cars Magazine Forum

What cars interest you in resin 1/25

I am in for ; '56 - '57 - '58 Plymouth Fury's . The missing Letter series Chrysler 300's . D - E - F - G - (H) - J - K - L . MY's ; '58 - '59 - '60 ' '61 - (might as well do the 62 MY also) - '63 - '64 - '65 all .. Thanx ..

Volvo 940

SAAB 9000

Any 1980-1995 Cadillac sedan (Fleetwood, Deville etc)

1982-1990 Chevrolet Suburban

1991-1997 Suburban

1999-2004 Ford Mustang Base-model

1987-1990 Caprice

1980-1991 Ford Crown Victoria

1980-1984 Ford LTD

Cadillac Allante

80s Dodge Ram Wagon

80s Chevrolet Beauville sportvan

Jaguar xk8 (x100)

Jaguar x300

Ford Taurus 1992-1995

• 3 weeks later...

1969 Ford Mustang Coupe/Notchback. (My first running car, took my driver's license test in mine in 76.)

1965 Olds Dynamic 88. 2 door(not even sure if they came in a 4 door. My first car. Never ran)

1972 Ford Ranchero GT. (Current daily driver when it isn't being modified.)

1974 Ford Pinto Station Wagon. (Project car, plan is for a 351C engine and 9 inch rear. Basically Pro Street.)

If any of these are available already please let me know where.

Thanks,

Russ

Thanks!

Bit pricey for now, maybe someday.

The built Ranchero is actually the same color as mine. Except mine is a lot more faded and rusty. and I'd have to remove the console, got the buckets in mine but no console.

A few things on the Pinto might need changed. The 74 was the first year of the big ugly bumpers, but I am hoping to put the skinny ones on mine. And I am not positive about the grille and headlights. Not an expert by any means especially on the years before 74, and to make it worse mine came with only a piece of the grille.

Russ

Edited by russosborne

A few things on the Pinto might need changed. The 74 was the first year of the big ugly bumpers, but I am hoping to put the skinny ones on mine. And I am not positive about the grille and headlights. Not an expert by any means especially on the years before 74, and to make it worse mine came with only a piece of the grille.

Russ

Pinto grille was the same up to 75, changed in 1976. Headlights/fender caps may have changed with the bigger bumpers in 74, but probably not or very little.

Edited by sfhess

• 5 months later...

71-72 trans kit for the Revell/Monogram 70 Chevelle kit (would love this)

mid 70's chevelle

81-87 & 95-97 Chevy Silverado SWB 2WD

70, 75, 78 El Camino

All incarnations of the S10 (reg and extended cab) and S10 Blazer

85 cutlass

oh the list could go on and on and on and.....

Edited by KWT
added info

Stock Henry J

Stock Willys Coupe 1939 thru 1941, 1951 thru 1953 Willys Aero - Ace, Eagle... Coupes

1939 - 1940 Chevrolet Coupe, Sedan DeLuxe, Master DeLuxe

1961 thru 1965 Pontiac Bonneville 

1965 Pontiac GTO Hardtop or Post (both with fixed top, with correct front and rear clips from original AMT kit! Massaged to today's standards)

1965 - 1967 Oldsmobile 442

1964 thru 1968 Baracuda - Stock, fastback and coupe

1964 thru 1967 Mercury Comet

1964 thru 1970 Mercury Cyclone 

1960 thru 1963 & 1964 / 1965 Falcon, Falcon Ranchero, Station Wagon

1960 thru 1965 Chevy II and Nova, Station Wagon

Thin Bumper Vega and Pinto (Wagons too)

1963 Tempest and Wagon

Ford Econoline Pickup Corvair Pickup

1957 thru 1961 Ford Pickups

(1962 ?) Ford Unibody Pickup

60 to 70 Station wagons.

60s Chevy and Ford vans.

camping trailers and overhead campers for pickups like the one from the AMT 63 Ford pickup kit.

mid 70s Pontiac Can Am and Grand Am,75 TA.

60s 70s crew cab pickup cabs.

60s 70s hearses.

long bed for the AMT/MPC 84 GMC 4x4 pickup.

???

Edited by disabled modeler

Any kind of Pro Mod drag racing cars,especially a 66/67 Nova Pro mod.I know Bandit Resins used to carry that body,but recently I have not seen it listed on their site.So I guess they weren't selling well,and they got rid of it..Then there's the PInto,and Vega wagons.I actually have an old MPC Pinto wagon.The body is a bit tweaked,I guess from sitting for so long under other boxes.But still,a very cool kit.Also,how about early 70s-80s Chrysler police cars?And finally,what about a Jeep Cherokee Sport,either 2,or 4 door models...Now that is a kit I have been wishing for a long time.And I have seen plenty of other people who also want a Cherokee model released...Ah maybe someday soon.I mean,I remember praying to the model GODS for an LX Ford Mustang Notchback for many years to be released,.Then BOOM,?,Revell comes out with the car.So again,there's always hope.Just gotta keep wishing,I guess.

While I do have a few resin kits, and also some resin bodies, I try to stay away from buying more. Because I just tend to stack 'em on the pile along with all the plastic unbuilt kits I have, hoping to build them someday. There are a LOT of nice resin kits out there to be had, but I do have more than enough to build already.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll give it x3 on the ScaleKraft catalog - but include some re-pops from UMi and MiniExotics.

Show cars rarely get done - so how about the Mustang I prototype - the two seat mid-engine that started the name?

and the Mustang Giugiaro

Mustang Milano

Bertone Carabo

Saleen S7

Cadillac Northstar LMP

Bring back these sold out resin kits - sports cars

1963 Ferrari 250 GT/L "Lusso" (Scalecraft or new?)

1969 Lola T70 Mk III B Daytona winner Donohue/Hobbs (Mini Exotics? Fein Design?)

1949 Ferrari 166 MM Le Mans winner Chinetti/Selsdon (sold under UMi, but cast by Paul Fisher)

maybe issue some new cars

1968 Renault 16 TS

1965 Lotus Cortina Mk I

1968 Lamborghini Espada

or finally some (Italian) dream cars

1965 Dino 206 GT berlinetta speciale

1968 Bertone Carabo Alfa Romeo

1969 Alfa Romeo 33/2 coupé speciale

1969 Ferrari 512 prototipo pininfarina

1970 Lancia Stratos HF Zero

At least, dreaming is free !

I'd like to see, for my racing team display some Ford Vans, standard or with glasses. 1973 was ugly but I like it and 1992  to 2014.

Also we have the Cadillac Escalade but it would be nice to see an STS or CTS and even an XLR . A DeVille would be interesting too

• 5 months later...

Out of the original list that started this topic the ones I would be after are:

'70 Buick Estate Wagon

'79 Ford thunderbird

What I really would like to see pop up someday unless someone knows of one being currently made:

'47-50 Packard

'48-49 Hudson

'55-56 Kaiser

'56-57 Nash

'55-57 Hudson

'55-56 Packard

'50-57 Cadillac Fleetwood

'58 Cadillac Coupe DeVille

'59 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham (I know there is a 60 by Modelhaus and have that already)

'60 Cadillac Eldorado Seville

'70-89 Oldsmobile Wagon

'70-89 Buick Wagon

'70-79 Lincoln Continental and later Town Car

'68-72 Mercury Grand Marquis

'71-73 Dodge Monaco

'72-76 Lincoln Mark IV

'77-78 Oldsmobile Toronado XS

'79-85 Cadillac Eldorado

'79-81 Toyota Celica Supra

'79-81 Chrysler New Yorker

'81-83 Chrysler Imperial

'80-85 Cadillac Seville

'80-92 Cadillac Brougham Sedan

'84-92 Lincoln Mark VII

'87-93 Cadillac Allante'

'90-92 Oldsmobile Toronado Trofeo

'92-97 Cadillac Seville STS

'97-03 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

'93-98 Lincoln Mark VIII

Edited by BigBlockCadillac

• 2 weeks later...

I'd do a '69 Biscayne. There was a COPO 427 option that I've always wanted to build.

Hi MCW makes the 68 and 69 2 door Biscayne in resin I have both and they are very nice it's a small change to make a Belair out of them the 68 takes the AMT 67 chevy kit as the doner and the 69 takes the AMT 70 chevy kit as the doner.

I'd like to see...

New Ghostbusters Hearse Ecto-1 (or an 80's hearse kit)

...actually, a decent 60's or 70's hearse kit or transkit would also be awesome...

Mad Max 1st Movie Interceptor (with parts to convert it to Road Warrior style if needed, including PE details and dog!)

Mad Max 1st Movie Big Bopper Interceptor (with decals to convert it to The Dark One/Max Rockatansky)

Holden Monaro Custom V-8 (the Night Rider)

Hi MCW makes the 68 and 69 2 door Biscayne in resin I have both and they are very nice it's a small change to make a Belair out of them the 68 takes the AMT 67 chevy kit as the doner and the 69 takes the AMT 70 chevy kit as the doner.

Thank you for that 'll have to check that out!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh so sweet, the baldwin motion super vega would be so cool. You could piece this together in the current aftermarket, but it would be from numerous caster's and would cost a small fortune.

well got one for you I had a motion Vega with alum 327 from factory  there was only 69 made mine was number 2 on title didn't find out until I sold it but I want to build a model of it it was yellow with black stripes

• 1 month later...