Model Cars Magazine Forum

What cars interest you in resin 1/25

• 6 months later...

'22 Duesenberg 

'42 DeSoto ('42 anything really, how cool would a '42 Olds be?? Or a '42 conversion kit for the Galaxie LTD chevs?)

'54 Skylark

'61 DeSoto 

'65-'75 ANY full size Mopar 4 door sedan, be it Imperial, New Yorker, Fury, Polara, Monaco, Newport, whatever, I'd be keen on any of em

'73 GTO

'73 Buick Gran Sport

'76 Charger Daytona

'77 Grand Prix SJ

'78 Magnum GT

'79-'85 Cadillac ElDorado and/or slant back Seville

'81-'83 Imperial

1980's Dodge Diplomat police car

'91-'96 Buick Park Avenue (And honestly, they made 50 million of these things, I'm not the only one out there who LOVED those cars, can't believe no one kitted one!)

'00's Crown Vic police car

That pretty much covers the entire spectrum and needless to say, I've owned most of these in real life, so I'd buy any/all of these if they were kitted in styrene or resin. I know, I know, I will go on back to dreaming

• 1 month later...

I have a lot of resin kits in my collection to go with my styrene kits, and may add a few more to it as finances will allow. I have seen some out there with proportion and resin quality issues that I will not ever touch. I have been burnt before buying bad resin castings, and I am not going to be again.  Recently, I picked up some of Air Trax' offerings, And I am very happy with them. I have a Motor City '67 Galaxie on the way, and some parts. I missed a few of the Modelhaus offerings since they closed up shop. But as of now, I am not looking for any more kits, as I have much more than I can ever build in a lifetime..

I'm currently thinking of a few models....I'll be casting soon when masters are ready

'67 Oldsmobile Delmont 88

'68 Mercury Cougar GT-E

'68 Chevy Bel Air

'69 Plymouth Belvedere

'70 Buick Estate Wagon

'72 Chevy Biscayne

'73 Ford LTD Brougham

'74 Mercury Cougar XR7

'78 Ford LTD II

'79 Ford thunderbird

'79 Oldsmobile Cutlass

'85 Ford Mustang GT and LX notchback

'90 Chevy Caprice

All of these are interesting to me... Particularly the 1990 Chevy Caprice and Mopars...!  

• 1 year later...

Did the 79 Cutlass ever get made? I would love to have one or three. I really want to turn one into a replica of my 80 Cutlass. It would only need the header, front bumper and tail lights modified. And mone of that would be too difficult.

On 9/18/2014 at 5:59 PM, Snake45 said:

Thought of another one I'd buy: '63-'65 Chevy II 2-door SEDAN (not hardtop) body. Most of the early funny Deuces were built on the sedan body.

Snake45 ; WCW ofers a '65 Chevy Stripped Sedan conversion .. Thanx 

On 9/18/2014 at 5:59 PM, Snake45 said:

Thought of another one I'd buy: '63-'65 Chevy II 2-door SEDAN (not hardtop) body. Most of the early funny Deuces were built on the sedan body.

Snake45 ; WCW offers a '65 Chevy Stripped Sedan conversion .. Thanx 

• 4 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2014 at 8:23 PM, Snake45 said:

I'd like to have '74 Ventura pieces to do a '74 GTO, but that might involve quarter panel/window changes at well.

Yeah that would qualify as a whole body .And maybe do a 73 -74 nova for me also 

Michael

On 8/28/2018 at 12:45 PM, dimaxion said:

Snake45 ; WCW ofers a '65 Chevy Stripped Sedan conversion .. Thanx 

If you meant MCW (Model Car World), I just got a '63 2DS body from them for the Trumpeter kit. I saw they offer a '65 2DS body, but the roof changed in '65 and I prefer the '63-63 shape. Moebius is supposed to be coming out with a '65 2DS gasser kit and I'll be buying that, though. B)

Some subjects I would like to see a kit manufacture offer would be a correct redo of the '49 to '52 Chevrolet, mid to late '50's GMs Buick, Olds, and Pontiacs. I think some Chrysler products from that era would also sell well. For the Fords maybe a '55 or a'58 body. Expand the model offerings off the '57 tool. I think the '62 thru '64 Fords have been overlooked and that would include the Fairlane and Falcons both. 

On 9/20/2014 at 6:59 PM, 69NovaYenko said:

Yep, Dimaxion thre really was a 454 cid Chevy Vega but; not from the factory...the `71-72 "Super Vega" was a Baldwin Motion creation.

The Baldwin Motion dealership gave you the option of having either a 350, 427 or 454 shoe horned into your Vega.

See three attached links and articles on the Baldwin Motion "Super Vega":

1)

http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=444027&page=all

2)

Motion "Super Vega" with 454 block burnout:

http://youtu.be/g7oQcaIL9xI

3)

Tale of a 350cid `71 Baldwin Motion "SUPER VEGA"

Specs: Engine-LT1 (350 cid) with 425+ horsepower

Carb-Holly 850 double pumper

Intake-Edelbrock TM-1 intake

Cam-Motion Phase III drind cam

Ignition-Mallory distributor/Motion control box

Exhaust-Hooker headers w/ chambered exhust

Tramsmission-B&M Turbo 400 transmission

Rear-End- Narrowed 12 bolt w/ ET finned aluminum cover w/4:56 posi-trac

MOTION “Extras”- Green fiberglass flex fan, Motion valve covers,Stellings air cleaner, Gabriel “Hi-Jacker” air shocks and no-hop bars, wood Sport wheel, Sun tach and gauges, Hurst shifter, Cragar SS wheels, Motion”L-88” fiberglass hood w/ hood pins

Tires-Front-15x4.5 Moroso Drag tires/ Rear-15x7.5 BFG Drag Radials

Graphics-Red w/ White “Motion” strips

NOTE: Motion GUARANTEED 10 SECOND 1/4 mile E.T`s with their small block Vega..OR THEY WOULD BUY THE CAR BACK!!!!

Driving the car is a thrill…its loud and it rides hard because of the no-hop bars and air shocks in the rear. The motor requires aviation gas or octane booster, it also idles fast and really reminds you of the way it used to be be with solid lifer cars and plenty of horsepower. With the manual valve body B&M transmission and the Hurst ratchet shifter you find yourself shifting constantly. Pull up to a light and everybody looks, in California most people don`t appreciate the “Baldwin” cars. Even some Muscle Car people never knew about the East Coast King O f Horsepower. Most comment with “A nice V-8 Vega!” or “What is that?” I still have never run the car all the way through the gears full throttle, partly the because of living in a populated area and partly because fo fear of hurting my prized Muscle Car. When I have squeezed the throttle, it is a thrill that everyone should experience!! At 10-15 mph you nail the throttle and the rear tires give up a smoky haze until you left up on it. Once I stalled the converter and nailed the gas, the car LURCHED forward with daylight peeking under the front tires (I was told) and the entire time the rear tires were boiling.

Thank you , I did know about the Vega with the was it McClaren Engines . Limited Production , Black , Gold Stripes . MPC made the Kit . Or , White , Gold Stripes . The MPC Kit could be modified .   I stand Corrected . I appreciate it . Thanx .