Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 Revell Ford Del Rio Ranch Wagon 2'n'1

Matt T.

I am just curious about something, if "we" meaning this forum make up the 1% of the hobby, why would any company close up shop over 1% of the customer base that voice their concerns with said company's products, just seems really silly to me. But I dont know what I dont know.

Who's closing up shop now? I'm confused.

I have to agree here.

I'd truly like to see some breakdown on percentages and what brings in the money. That is, after all, what doing business is all about.

G

And those are numbers we'll never see. They might be interesting and might satisfy our curiosity but they're really none of our business.

Later that day in the Del Rio......

I'm begining to think that getting back to the Ford Del Rio is not going happen. I've tired several times now. People don't seem to want to go with it.

Maybe I should back to making offending comments about horses. Though I still don't understand what I said that was offensive about horses? Or horse lovers? Or what ever? I was taking a joking shot about the nitpickers of Revell's models. Which I sure is now going to anger the nitpickers, and horse lovers and horse experts.

So now I need to go and prepare for harsh comments I'm going to get over this posting. No matter what I say this is not going to end. Is it?

Scott

you could erase any posts which have not set well with you, and PM anyone who has quoted them asking for them to delete theirs. i've made some replies before that i didn't delete before being quoted, and the fellow have been understanding about my concerns.

even if we were all in the same room, there might be things said which are interpreted differently than we meant or folks would have taken exception. i think that's life.

I did delete my worst post.

Who's closing up shop now? I'm confused.

And those are numbers we'll never see. They might be interesting and might satisfy our curiosity but they're really none of our business.

No one is closing up shop, but if we complain enough, they will close up shop , that is what some people here say

You know, I'm not gonna drop this until you guys do.

Just what exactly is stupid, obnoxious and off-topic about examining problems in the kit the Del Rio is based on? 'Cause sittin' on your high horse, judging that to be "nit-picking", and deciding you're gonna mock something that's not asking for your mockery at all qualifies as all three.

Love it. I've posted 10+ photos in this thread alone of 1:1 Del Rios, more in a detail thread.

All variants, for everyone.

I love the black Del Rio :D

The 'we're off-topic" whiners and the refuseniks have posted zero, despite 15+% of posts in here.

Some even asked for more (Google and post up like I do).

Really want this kit. F-Del-Rio and a nice side-oiler Del-Rio have parts pile started.

3012446125_0bde222d06_o.jpg

Yes I know it's a Ranch Wagon. Sue me. Better yet, wish me happy holidays :rolleyes:

Edited by keyser

As I've noted before, I'm hoping Revell will do both a sedan delivery and a Ranchero based off of this kit in the future. Hopefully sales will be high enough to justify it. In the meantime, I wish they would come out with a '57 Chev Nomad based on their recent tri-five Chev kits. Out of all the '57 Chevy kits out there, why is this one missing? I'm not one of those big nitpickers, but the Monogram 1/24th scale kit just does not look right. Even at a casual glance. And the old Revell '57 Nomad hasn't been seen in years.

Scott

Love it. I've posted 10+ photos in this thread alone of 1:1 Del Rios, more in a detail thread.

All variants, for everyone.

I love the black Del Rio :D

The 'we're off-topic" whiners and the refuseniks have posted zero, despite 15+% of posts in here.

Some even asked for more (Google and post up like I do).

Really want this kit. F-Del-Rio and a nice side-oiler Del-Rio have parts pile started...

I thought it was something like that, percentage-wise. Actually had to duck out of here for a while, 'cause - wait for it…

and are you all sitting down?

I HAD TO GET SOME WORK DONE ON A MODEL. Hope nobody has an aneurism over my apparent violation of your precious sacrosanct canon of "nit picker" behavior...

Wow -

DelRio1.jpg

You ain't kiddin', Doc...

6247388729_682fae520d_b.jpg

26949945-700-0@2x.jpg

Pretty effin'-idiot-easy.

As I've noted before, I'm hoping Revell will do both a sedan delivery and a Ranchero based off of this kit in the future. Hopefully sales will be high enough to justify it. In the meantime, I wish they would come out with a '57 Chev Nomad based on their recent tri-five Chev kits. Out of all the '57 Chevy kits out there, why is this one missing? I'm not one of those big nitpickers, but the Monogram 1/24th scale kit just does not look right. Even at a casual glance. And the old Revell '57 Nomad hasn't been seen in years.

Scott

I fully agree :)

Off topic Scott, it's not a Nomad thread. Your bleating is moot I guess. Holding complainers to same standard.

And from pages ago when you asked "Can you post more 57 Meteor Del-Rio pics??" and have done NOTHING to contribute any, here ya go. Post away. http://bit.ly/1yNqF2h Took 0.35 seconds, less than it takes to type "Waaaahhh off topic"

RW_Cabot_Trail_02.jpg

Edited by keyser