Model Cars Magazine Forum

Adventures in soldering:The GT40 project New pics 2/13/17

Randy D

Randy D..... At first I Was going to say you need to stop showing pictures of the real 1:1 parts until I saw your finger in the pic. 2nd I had to pick my chin up off the floor with the amazing detail you have done with the pedal assembly.

You Know I was really starting to think I was crazy with some of the detail I Am trying to accomplish on my funny car. Then I see what you are doing on a smaller scale vehicle and have realized that I think that Thin Air in Colorado has gotten to you.... or maybe it's what is floating around in the air there.... :D :D LMAO In all honesty you know how much I respect you as a builder and I have really enjoyed getting to hang out at the shows with you. I love your work. Lookong forward to your next update.

Randy,

That beautiful pedal assembly is a masterpiece and work of art ALL by itself, there simply not a single word of praise to say about this superb work.....so....I will use several....magnificent,wonderful,supreme,fantastic,incredible,superb, masterpiece....yes I already used the last two words previusly....but this work deserve it..many times!!!!!

Thank you for another tour of force on the art of miniature metal fabrication, I belived that your other superb work, the rod tow truck could not have a challenger in intricate detail,concept,presentation and fabrication....ohhhhh...I was sooooooooo mistaken!!!!!

X2

Randy - thanks for sharing your amazing work here. Wow. I saw Tim's note about your GT40 build and just went through it. My breakfast is now a cold pile of sludge. Your knowledge and experience in other scale hobbies really add to the realism of this build and help us realize what other materials are out there to be used. And the reference shots you have I'm sure are a huge help. I was able to get lots of shots of Bruce Larson's funny cars and he endured all my questions. I look forward to more of this project.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Randy, if you're still out there.......and hopefully all is well,  any update to this phenomenal build in the near term?   It's the craziest build I've seen on the forum yet and can't wait to see what you do next.   Cheers, Tim

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi Folks,

I would to thank all who posted since the last update. Thank you Tim for your concern, I need to pay more attention!! Have been remodeling the house (doing most of the work myself ) so bench time has been limited. the past few months.  Going to DSC in April so I really need to make some progress or Danno will be on me!  

Moving on to the steering wheel and column.....

Ref. pic from the parts catalogue

Start with a pic of parts I made and a steering wheel from 'Detail Master'.  I did not use the wheel in the end but it is a nice piece.....

Making up the little knuckle...

more...