Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Did You Get Today? (Not Model Related)

LOBBS

• 3 weeks later...

Bought this cabinet for Cobra storage. This will be the 5 th. cabinet in the house. Wife very understanding. : ) It's in the garage so I can clean it up good. I bought it at a consignment and it must be cleaned before coming in the house. It has glass doors ( not shown ) that were removed to make it lighter and also to clean it better. This will be a new home for some of my Cobra collection.

cabinetandcobras002_zpsd9c37c4b.jpg

cabinetandcobras003_zps708d61e8.jpg

cabinetandcobras004_zpsd58b0fc2.jpg

Here's a couple pics of my new (used) cabinet all cleaned and put in the house. I have an even 100 Cobra's in this cabinet now with room for another 40 to 60 depending on size. I could fill it with ones I have in garage cabinets but rather keep this one open for new ones.

cabinet001_zps37812350.jpg

cabinet002_zps1f0f6dc1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats Wayne, and I hope it's a big one. Reason is that with a lot of empty space in your display cabinet it makes one build more to fill up the shelves. I have two curio cabinets, one in the living room, and one in the family room to display my built models and my die cast collection. They look good, and my better half is okay with them.

A semi-crappy Chinese B3-2 air rifle for $20. Not bad, but still has that trademark smell to it when you fire it. Maybe if I get a better one soon, I'll chop this one to carbine length. Affixed my Crosman 4x15 scope to it, and even without zeroing it seems quite good, and has a nice, crisp staccato, which partially makes up for the loose trigger that fires heavy.

Edited by chunkypeanutbutter

First off, my phone of over 3 years(HTC EVO 4G LTE) got the ole death screen. So, it was on the hunt for a replacement. Ended up getting the new HTC One M9. Now it's like I have to learn how to use a phone all over again. Second, I got a Bistro set, umbrella, and umbrella base for the upper deck where my wife and I live. I added the seat pads and lights from a previous set.

post-9116-0-08765100-1436713333_thumb.jp

post-9116-0-23978500-1436713976_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

Just took delivery of the new Gallaxie Limited '47 Fleetmaster Coupe, The new Moebius '69 F-100, and the MPC R-2 tri-axle gravel trailer. So many ideas in my head at the moment, its hard to decide which one to tear into first!!! The new '47 coupe is NICE guys!!!:DB)

in the past week i got this,  

photo_zpsb485e440.jpg

and one of these,

photo_zpsb3a1d371.jpg

Oh Man that is a Nice Model Kit sure like to have one ?

Seriously I was Speaking of you Car She is A Clean 

looking Beauty 'Good For You' Enjoy ?

Don aka XJ6 ? 

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up this beauty yesterday. It's a 2007 Pontiac G6 GT hardtop convertible with 65,000 miles on it. Excellent condition all around, and a bargain price of $7,998! Book value is around 10 to 11 thousand. I traded in my 96 Chrysler Sebring convert with 121,000 miles that I've had since 2002. My wife and I are both lovin' the G6!

d094f97dd916437c93ef48ecaa836460.thumb.j96dd8007fdb8469c847af35bdad57fc0.thumb.j

In my garage with the top down.

IMG_0001.thumb.JPG.5241cab19d58c06f51eb1

So I woke up around 2:00, like I usually do. :lol:
Parents weren't home, but I saw they had been out and back because there was a book I told them to buy at Goodwill.

They came back about a half-hour ago and had a little booklet with them that said "Volvo" on it.
It was an owner's manual for an '85 Volvo. Inside was a sales slip that said "85 volvo dl wagon sold as is where is $250" with my father's signature and the old owner's signature.

Now I won't have to sit on the awful jumper seats in the Ranger on long rides.