Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Did You Get Today? (Not Model Related)

LOBBS

Very nice display case, and it will even be better once you display your builds in it. Will you be adding a mirrored back or lights to it?

I was thinking of adding lights in the top, but I'll make my mind up when it's up on the wall, I have a 3 lamp spot light on the ceiling in the hobby room, so I might not need anymore lights ....

A good friend of mine is closing a family Hobby Shop business after 40+ some years, many of you may know him (Jay Gordon of Greenfield News and Hobby) Jay has been long time friend and we had breakfast on Fri. The bottom line is the hobby shop business is not what it used to be, Internet sales has killed allot of his business and they never really got on board with the internet sales thing. I'm not Happy GNH is closing but I am happy for Jay and his wife Chris, they have so many things they want to do in life and they have been pretty much tied down to the business, Jay is 56 years old and still young enough to pretty much do anything he pleases. They start their sales on Feb 2, However the place was a zoo on Friday with allot of merchandise going out at regular prices.... I put together a Goodie bag of about $800.00 worth of items and when checked out with Jay I was pleasantly surprise!!!! I never asked for the discount!!! Basically a good friend helping out a good friend. I typically get a discount from Jay but not like the I got on Friday. Even though I didn't get it today, I didn't look at it or play with it until today. The biggest score I got was a Iwata TH Airbrush with a MAC valve, I have a TH but not with The MAC valve, This thing so Awesome, I Have many Airbrushes and this is by far my favorite, if I had only one in my arsenal this would be the One!!!!!!

Very nice display case, and it will even be better once you display your builds in it. Will you be adding a mirrored back or lights to it?

Got it fitted today, just the rest of the glass shelves and the door to fit, I reckon I'll get between 3 and 4 models on each shelf

2015-01-18172707_zpsace37785.jpg

2015-01-18172648_zps5c1f9a67.jpg

2015-01-18172626_zps9225d31a.jpg

Nick,

When I was with Jay He said the 2nd. I may have Misunderstood or he may have told me the wrong date (It's been nuts for him) you can call the store at 414-281-1800 to confirm! Actually things are pretty picked over! I was surprised. They still have a fair amount of airbrushes and airbrush parts, not many or special kits, tools are pretty worked over! Still had a good selection of modeling paint, Autoair, One Shot. I was there on Friday Mid Morning and the place was packed, I would Imagine it was like that all weekend, And everyone was paying full price! From what I saw I don't know what will be left for the liquidation Co which is great for Jay and Chris. I will see him after the store closes as we do some social things together but I will miss GNH

J"RASS"

Finally got the '66 Batman TV series on DVD. All three years, with some great extras on a seperate disc. Been waiting for this to come out for years now. Bought it brand new from a dealer on eBay for about half the price I've seen it on Amazon and others. So I'm a very, very happy Bat-boy! I've loved this series ever since it first appeared almost 50 years ago now. (No! It can't be that long! Can it! And I can't be that old. Can I!) And the Batmobile (based on a showcar older than I!) in this show is still one of the coolest cars of all time.

And even though I was only 8 when Julie Newmar showed up on the screen as Catwoman, like Batman, I too felt strange stirrings in my utility belt. And still do. Plus, Ertha Kitt's purring doesn't hurt matters in that department either. You won't hear me complaining. Here kitty, kitty! I don't care which one shows up. I'm not racist. Oh, yea!

Scott