Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya LaFerrari

mrm

Day and a half dealing with decals and still not even half way there. There are quite obviously some things that need to be addressed and touched up, that can be seen on the pictures. There is also a lot more to be done and a lot more carbon to be added. Hope you like the pictures.

jEWFy7.jpg

Ag7A4R.jpg

YtiQAV.jpg

TYDnxv.jpg

VoGeCC.jpg

JqJLrX.jpg

WOW sorry to hear about your hand! Its been awhile since I've checked this post. I've found an excellent reference source. Check out www.eurospares.co.uk. It has a lot of exploded views, similar to a shop manual of the LaFerrari along with many others. I still haven't been able to figure out were the ignition wires and the tiny ones on the front on the valve covers route to tough. Godspeed on the healing of your hand!

• 2 months later...

Here is some progress on this model

A lot of templates were made for various parts in carbon fiber. These are just some for part of the floor.

Wromrw.jpg

The real car uses a variety of composite materials in all sorts of different fibers, finishes and weaves. This model will have about ten different carbon fiber finishes throughout.

F4HZP8.jpg

D1b4Dp.jpg

The dash assembly itself has three different types of carbon fiber.

iRUOYv.jpg

wanrHe.jpg
The seats were painted and then detailed with accent color (which killed me) and with 4 point seatbelts made from medical tape painted with n old black sharpie and then with a blue sharpie on top of it. This made the belts very dark blue, which batches the very dark blue of the accents. These belts are actually an option on the real car.
q6vR7R.jpg
And in the interior…..
4YGxHD.jpg
…with the dash
141kK5.jpg

Thank you all guys.

My hand is as healed as it will ever be I guess. I have a nasty scar and other than that it feels fine.

The model is finished and it won its class at the heartland Nationals this past weekend. I was told that it is the first time a foreign car wins the factory stock class.

Pictures coming soon in the "Under Glass".

• 4 weeks later...