Model Cars Magazine Forum

What cool trucks (rigs or pick ups) have you seen lately?

Ok, so I don't know if this counts as I didn't take a picture of it.  Rules of the internet, you know.  Anyway, I was heading home from New Haven, CT; North on I-91 when I spotted a Freightliner Columbia in the Southbound lane.  Now, while spotting Freightliner Columbias & International ProStars on the highway isn't all that hard (they're everywhere); this one was a little unique.  The driver (I'm assuming that it was the driver) had removed the horizontal bars from the grill area, and replaced them with a Mercedes-Benz emblem.  Looked kind of cool, actually. 

Ya man, check youtube for a video  "Overland Train - LeTourneau - World’s Longest Off Road Vehicle" . The wife said it reminds her of the lumber machines in the movie ferngully . I know of at least two models - high cab- and -low cab-, and I've seen it in the orange and a yellow.

Ya man, check youtube for a video  "Overland Train - LeTourneau - World’s Longest Off Road Vehicle" . The wife said it reminds her of the lumber machines in the movie ferngully . I know of at least two models - high cab- and -low cab-, and I've seen it in the orange and a yellow.

that would be a cool one to have

A few pics from 'Down-Under' :)!

Mack%20Quad_zpsu6yhpu9n.jpg

Those are neat, but I'd hate to try and back one. I have enough trouble with just one trailer.

What is the point of the mud flaps in front of the tires? I notice they all have them.

Hey Aaron, have you ever washed a Road Train :blink: :D !!

They keep a lot of mud and dirt off the whole thing because they spend a lot of time on unsealed roads ;)

Put it this way, lets say you pulled up at a remote minesite in the Shell Tanker after travelling 800 miles on a dirt, muddy road to get there to deliver a load of fuel, last thing you want to do is spend 2 hours cleaning the valves from each compartment prior to unloading the fuel ;)

Great pics of the mpcv 6×6 Buffalo's! ! I missed a chance to deploy to NTC in 97, shipped to S.Korea instead. Bronco makes a sweet kit of a similar vehicle...

How about a drive in the Oshkosh tractor w the lowboy?? Kits coming soon for that too