Model Cars Magazine Forum

1956 Chrysler

Ramfins59

Thank you very much guys.

Bruce, thanks for the very kind words, but "The Force" is not with me...... I still have much to learn. Patience is the main thing, and also the hardest thing to learn and to have. I soooo want to get this car painted but I have to give the primer the proper time to dry on the body, hood, dashboard, and interior side panels. That's why it's good to work on different assemblies as other parts are drying. Eventually it all comes together into a decent finished product if we take our time and do it right .

Thanks Matthew. This is a great kit. The fit and finish of all of the parts are wonderful. Any mold lines are "barely there" and need only a minimal amount of fine sanding to clean them up.

The work on the chassis is complete, except for mounting the wheels and tires. The bottom of the floor pan was sprayed with Dark Gray primer and the chassis rails and most of the chassis pieces were painted with Semi-Gloss Black. The exhaust pipes and fuel tank were painted Steel Metalizer and the mufflers were given a coat of Metalizer Aluminum.

56CHRYSLERMODELCHASSIS1024x731-vi.jpg

I flocked the carpet in a Dark Brown color and the seats were painted Dark Tan and Leather.

CHRYSLERMODELINTERIOR11024x729-vi.jpg

CHRYSLERMODELINTERIOR21024x701-vi.jpg

I added a piece of thin plastic strip between the top of the seat back and the rear package tray and then covered that strip with BMF along with the molding for the rear speaker or vent. I also opened up the speaker or vent and backed it with a small piece of brass mesh that will also be used to back the opened up vents in the body's side trim. I also applied some Orange flocking to the package tray.

CHRYSLERMODELINTERIOR31024x763-vi.jpg

I'm waiting for the weather to change here so I can paint the body, hood, dashboard, steering wheel and interior side panels. It's been cold and rainy here for the past day or so.

This car is coming along nicely and I'm hoping that the paint work will come out just as nice. Still lots to do.

Thanks for looking in on these updates. More to come so stay tuned.

Edited by Ramfins59

The car is called Passion, It was made by Rad Rods by Troy. It has been in the Milwaukee area for several years. The upholstery is a patterned brocade. I also think it is powered by a twin turbo injected 373, NASCAR motor. Your version is coming along nicely.

Edited by wisdonm

I know that they're not the exact tints of paint that the real car has, but that is three colors with the split between top and bottom being along the upper trim molding, I'd go with creamsicle for the light top color, and tangelo pearl for the lower color, these are HOK colors, the insert I'd use Testors one coat metallic bronze, or HOK kandy Root Beer over a copper base.

Thanks Joe. I can't wait to see paint on the body either..!! B) The car will be Tangelo Pearl by House of Kolor with Tamiya Red Brown in the side trim insert.

If the weather here would cooperate and not rain or snow for a day I could get that done without the women in the house complaining about the paint smell if I tried spraying in my basement. :rolleyes:

I still have some engine compartment parts to paint and detail in the meantime. Plus I can always start working on another car in the meantime until the weather clears up.

Edited by Ramfins59