Model Cars Magazine Forum

Red '90 Mustang Coupe

Ford guy

Here is a build I completed a couple months ago. I started with the Revell kit and the Greg Wann resin body.

The resin body and the kit went together like a hand in a glove. I changed a few things, like the wheels and brakes from a Revell Saleen Speedster kit, seats from the 1:24 Revell 1993 Mustang Cobra kit. (Which fit really nice) I modified the engine compartment a little and added the Manifold, heads and headers from the '93 Cobra kit.

I added the strut tower brace from a late model Mustang kit and added an aluminum radiator from my parts box.

I put together an exhaust system from parts box parts. I made upper and lower control arms for the rear axle from scratch. Added sub frame connectors made from scrap styrene.

I cut the middle out of the resin hood and added the middle, but slightly bigger, part of the plastic kit hood to make a scale 2" cowl induction hood.

Everything that came with the resin body is shown in the last picture. All the parts are nicely cast, nice and crisp detail, smooth finish.

photo9-vi.jpg

photo2-vi.jpg

photo1-vi.jpg

photo-vi.jpg

very nice build!, i am a huge foxbody fan, looks like my 92 convertible in many ways. ;) Saleen wheels makes foxbodys look really nice. Where can I get a copy of the resin mustang ?

Contact Greg Wann. He's a member here, so you can just shoot him a PM. You won't regret it!! And, you'll be almost embarrassed by how little he charges for these. It's almost like stealing . . .

Contact Greg Wann. He's a member here, so you can just shoot him a PM. You won't regret it!! And, you'll be almost embarrassed by how little he charges for these. It's almost like stealing . . .

You are correct Danno, his work is outstanding and his pricing is incredible!

Nice work on that Mustang, might have to do as you did and get the resin body to go with the kit. I like the wheel change and other details.

Excellent model. Greg Wann's castings are superb, aren't they? That's why we call him the Master Caster

Lets give some credit to Mike Schnur as well, AKA Maindrian Pace. Mike made improvements, and corrections to the original Revell body. Mike also Vacumm formed the glass for these resin kits. Greg Wann is an excellent resin caster. Who strives to get the parts He makes, the absolute best that He can make.

Lets give some credit to Mike Schnur as well, AKA Maindrian Pace. Mike made improvements, and corrections to the original Revell body. Mike also Vacumm formed the glass for these resin kits. Greg Wann is an excellent resin caster. Who strives to get the parts He makes, the absolute best that He can make.

Absolutely! Mike mastered the body that Greg cast. They are an awesome team.

I'll definitely shoot Greg wann a pm. That body looks way nicer compare to revells stubby weird body! :). I am a huge Foxbody mutang fan, but have not purchased this kit because of the obvious mistakes. I prob would have bought 3 of these already.

Edited by ERIK88

Sharp looking little Mustang Roy! I really like the changes you made in rolling stock and under the hood! The body by Mike and Greg makes all the difference! Is it necessary to get the nose piece and hood also?

Sharp looking little Mustang Roy! I really like the changes you made in rolling stock and under the hood! The body by Mike and Greg makes all the difference! Is it necessary to get the nose piece and hood also?

They are included in the kit. Everything you see in Roy's picture comes in the box from The MasterCaster.