Model Cars Magazine Forum

name that movie car

mnwildpunk

^^^ Gone in 60 Seconds. By the way, I went through some old video tapes and found the KNBC (Los Angeles) news story about the freak accident that killed H.B. Halicki on the set of Gone in 60 Seconds 2, so I posted it on YouTube:

I also found the story about the auction of his estate, so I'll post that soon.

@Jim- Mc "Q" About the only John Wayne movie I like and mostly for the "Green Hornet"...the '73 Trans Am. Too bad they killed it though. :(

Absolutely correct on all counts! He was known for his westerns, but he was one bas @$$ cop in McQ! I understand taht "The Green Hornet" was a genuine Super Dutycar and they actually destroyed it in that scene, NOT a rebuilt, junkyard stand-in! WHATTA WASTE!

This is the car that Scott mentioned being propelled butt-over-teakettle by a hunk of phone pole being shot out from under where the front passenger seat used to be. It was supposed to roll over once, maybe twice... Not several times!

McQImpala_zpsa7184a85-1.jpg

So here's my next pic open for guesses... Since we've been doing Cadillacs recently. This one's from a TV show:

tvDeVille_zps27f5a9cc.jpg

Bad enough they killed a T/A, but if that was a real T/A SD455...that's even worse. The car was decal delete, so it's hard to tell. Only know it's a '73, because that was the 1st year other colors, Brewster Green in this case, were offered on T/A's besides white and blue('70 1/2-'72) and the last year for that front and rear styling.

Notice...no decals.

post-9116-0-48043700-1422163304.jpg

post-9116-0-76793700-1422163333_thumb.jp

Edited by The70judgeman

Bad enough they killed a T/A, but if that was a real T/A SD455...that's even worse. The car was decal delete, so it's hard to tell. Only know it's a '73, because that was the 1st year other colors, Brewster Green in this case, were offered on T/A's besides white and blue('70 1/2-'72) and the last year for that front and rear styling.

Notice...no decals.

Wasn't just another new car then though?

This is the car that Scott mentioned being propelled butt-over-teakettle by a hunk of phone pole being shot out from under where the front passenger seat used to be. It was supposed to roll over once, maybe twice... Not several times!

McQImpala_zpsa7184a85-1.jpg

Thanks for showing a pic of that car........there is a really neat documentary on the DVD about the stunts and the stunt driver talks about the roll. And all the stunt guys called John Wayne- Dad....LOL

Another great Wayne flick that was not a western made around the same time as "McQ" was "Brannigan". Very good car chase in that flick too.