Model Cars Magazine Forum

name that movie car

mnwildpunk

^^^ Duel.

Let's try this: Two '57 Eldorado Biarritz convertibles. One easier, one harder:

16157222118_146939531e_b.jpg

Hint: Made ten years apart. One starred an Oscar winner and two nominees (none were for this film) and the other starred two Genie winners (Canada's Oscar).

Edited by ChrisBcritter

^^^ Duel.

Let's try this: Two '57 Eldorado Biarritz convertibles. One easier, one harder:

16157222118_146939531e_b.jpg

Hint: Made ten years apart. One starred an Oscar winner and two nominees (none were for this film) and the other starred two Genie winners (Canada's Oscar).

I think the first one is

My american cousin

I think the first one is

My american cousin

... And the second one is "Crazy Mama". A pair of '57 Eldorado Bairritz's in one - Nice job.

Since we seem to be on a Cadillac kick here, how 'bout another screen shot from the same film as the Coupe DeVille I posted a couple of days ago with no guesses so far. If you look closely, the fourth car down the line is a '57 Bairritz... :

i132380_zps701a5103.jpg

(I think this is where I cue up Jimmy Buffett's "Fins"!)

Edited by CorvairJim

I think the first one is

My american cousin

Right, eh? 1985. Margaret Langrick and John Wildman both took Genies (and so did the movie).

... And the second one is "Crazy Mama". A pair of '57 Eldorado Biarritzes in one - Nice job.

Right again! 1975. Cloris Leachman won Best Supporting Actress for The Last Picture Show; Ann Sothern and Stuart Whitman were nominated for (respectively) The Whales of August and The Mark (not to mention director Jonathan Demme also winning for Silence of the Lambs).

Since we seem to be on a Cadillac kick here, how 'bout another screen shot from the same film as the Coupe DeVille I posted a couple of days ago with no guesses so far. If you look closely, the fourth car down the line is a '57 Bairritz... :

i132380_zps701a5103.jpg

(I think this is where I cue up Jimmy Buffett's "Fins"!)

I thought someone already posted Tin Men?

Edited by ChrisBcritter