Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram 1970 Dodge Challenger T/A IPMS show awards

mustang1989

Well folks after what started out as a one week ordeal and turned into FOUR months of fun filled building, this sucker is now finished!!! The short version of the story is that I built this car about 30 years ago for my little brother. It stayed at my parents house for years after I built it and I finally took it , cleaned it up a bit and gave it back to my brother for Christmas about 5 years ago. The car took a fall about a year into its stay there and the hood and a few other parts were lost. I took it back again, eventually found most of the parts, cleaned it up, put it most of the way back together and put it up on the shelf for the last 4 years. About 4 months ago I took it down to replace the hood and rear spoiler from a new kit that I bought. What happened next is a build that ran itself and told me how it was gonna be. The car body is original and the interior is all original except for the shifter. I have had a lot of fun with this build because it's my first all out attempt at car modeling and I have learned all kinds of stuff from the help of a lot of folks who were kind enough to pop in and contribute to my WIP thread. Thanks to all of you who helped me (folks who guided me and folks who are unaware they helped me as I do a lot of poking around on this forum and gather ideas from other WIP's) restore a kit that I've long wanted to look the way it does now. Without the help here it wouldn't have turned out this good I can tell you that.

Before the re-build

Fromthestart_zpscdacdc2a.jpg

Afterwards:

DSCN1446_zpszqknr6my.jpg

DSCN1445_zpsabgntjpn.jpg

DSCN1444_zpssbiuvhm8.jpg

DSCN1442_zps9qkghubd.jpg

DSCN1441_zpsapmepnrf.jpg

DSCN1439_zpsogs3szui.jpg

DSCN1440_zpsy7bgvc1o.jpg

DSCN1438_zpsk8ft6mnk.jpg

Edited by mustang1989

Thanks everybody for the good and kind words! sHa_thankyouvery_zpsd2025948.gif

Joe nice job........ Is this car a radio delete package,the reason I ask this because there is no antenna on the right rear top quarter panel ? I'm not net picking here.

Doug: That's the one thing I have not done. I was going to use some stretched sprue for it or a needle. On one hand I think that the stretched sprue will have a bend to it and on the other I think the needle will be to large in diameter. Will probably stretch some sprue and see. I was taking too long on the fence with it and decided to put the car here in any case. Believe me that's gonna get addressed. :D

Edited by mustang1989

Sorry Joe, I was out most of the night last night with the wife. I was hoping to catch your build here alot sooner. You should be very proud of the effort you put into this kit and with the result as well. It was a pleasure watching as your build progressed. I hope you will honor us with another build. Bravo my friend.