Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram 1970 Dodge Challenger T/A IPMS show awards

mustang1989

JT: Thanks and I'm looking forward to meeting you next year at the same show bud!

Dan: Had an awesome time meeting and visiting with you at the show!!! Thanks for the kudos!!! :D

Jeff: Thanks man! Really appreciate the comments and was great to meet you.

I had a blast right along with my son at this show. I'll definitely be back next year. Now..............what to bring.................

RSCN0120_zpsakgyw6ag.jpg

DSCN0117_zpsavp84la1.jpg

and my other win.............

RSCN0122_zpsae628wqy.jpg

• Like 1

I still can't believe that is the colour of the plastic and you just clear coated it. My jaw is still dropped.

AND... Massive congrats on the awards dude! She is definitely worth them, you did an awesome job.

Edited by Stray

Joe, please accept my sincere, if belated, congratulations on completing such a fantastic rebuild of that old Challenger kit. Between your IPMS award and 4 pages of compliments on here, the consensus indicates that you've earned the respect of your fellow modelers.

One thing that impressed me during the WIP stage was you weren't afraid to implement other members' suggestions if you thought it would improve the overall build. OTOH, I doubt I was the only one who learned some neat techniques as you improvised improvements to the engine bay etc, refusing to settle for "good enough".

Harry: Thanks a lot for the encouraging comments. (Told you I'd get around to building a car model here. lol)

Monty: Man I really appreciate your comments. Believe me I learned more watching all of you folks here than you learned from me I'll tell you that. I do thank you for your encouragement along the way as well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...