[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. 80 Dodge Ramcharger (Revell)

Very nicely done!
  3. 66 Chevelle (Lindberg)

Awesome job! I've often thought about building that one. Definitely want to now.
  4. Pay It Forward-Round 2-Let's have FUN!

Hmm ... I thought this was the rule we were theoretically working under. Guess I thought wrong.
  5. 70 Monte Carlo SS454 (AMT)

Very nicely done!
  6. Brush painted.

Holy c r a p... I'd like to know how to do that.
  7. Pay It Forward-Round 2-Let's have FUN!

I'm with Daddyfink on this one. We have a guy who wants an item; and wants to get the thread moving again. But everyone has to sit here for DAYS waiting..... because of guys who only feel like logging on "once or twice or twice per week"??? and MIGHT want an item??? If the "choose to participate", then maybe they should show up a little more often. Well we'll all just sit here waiting until they feel like joining us I guess. I rant with all due respect... you guys do run a pretty good board here.
  8. What did you get today?

This is my Christmas present. The Ghoul Duo is a replacement of a childhood kit. I just ran out of shelf space. Happy problems. Hosted on Fotki
  9. Revell Caprice Parts

PM sent
  10. What did you get today?

I noticed it said 1978 on it. Happens to be the year I was born. It's in a tad better shape at 40 than I am. Lol
  11. Freightliner COE Questions

The AMT Freightliner COE kit is a 61 series raised cab. Like you say, it is easily identified by a single vertical "bar" in the grille. Raised cab refers to a later model 61 series cab which is about 3" higher than the first 61 series cabs which were later called low profile cabs to distinguish the two versions. The 61 series low profile weren't any lower than the original 61 series but they were not raised. So the original 61 series became low profile and the raised cab was the 61 series raised cab. Sometimes the Freightliner world can become confusing. 61 series cabs were built at 90.38" wide from exterior cab skin to exterior cab skin. The low profile cab had a solid plate below the grill and the raised cab had a panel perforated with the grill pattern. The raised cab also had room below the door for the integrated box step instead of the previous loop step design. Just a quick note on the optional severe service panels on the front of the cab in the AMT kit - the noseskin panels were made of steel and riveted over the standard noseskin. The AMT kit measures right on for width. as you've noted, the 71 series is easily identified by 2 vertical bars in the grille. Also known as a Stretch cab, The 71 series is 4" wider than the 61 series at 94.38 (F/L Sales Data Book dimensions) The extra width is in the center of the cab to make the engine tunnel wider for larger radiators in the Super Cooling Power Package required for more horsepower. Although Freightliners were (and still are) custom specced trucks, the Interior colors available from Freightliner were limited to a standard selection of colors, but custom upholstery after the truck was delivered could be anything. Not common, but also not unusual - some dealers had things set up with upholstery shops to do the work before the truck was delivered to a customer. I have to build one of these things someday so the building tips and details are helpful and much appreciated.
  12. 50 Mercury "Cobra"

Sure is nice.
  13. GM and Chevy Quality

A vibration that took GM serval visits to get out, body control module, intermediate shaft, 2 shifter cables and the key will not come out of the ignition when it happens. Antifreeze leak from plates on the side of the block. The engine runs great and it's a GT but everything else in the problem. It has had at least 4 recalls also...
  14. What did you get today?

First model kit I ever built. Cool. Does it have a copyright on the box? Just curious.
  15. Questions about some old airplane kits.

Cool. Thanks everyone!
  16. Well, here are two good article over at Hot Rod Magazine covering Halibrand wheels specifically...http://www.hotrod.com/articles/1008sr-halibrand-engineering-wheels/ ...and aftermarket racing wheels in general, including some Halibrand mentions: http://www.hotrod.com/articles/defining-hot-rod-and-custom-car-legacy-wheels-part-2/ The first article has some very good info and even better, large images for reference, like so:
  17. Photo-etch mesh

Hi, i'm having a bugger of a time finding sheets of photo-etch mesh in honeycomb, diamond, rectangle, circle shapes. I tried MCG on Dec 22, and they still don't have any. Did find one place, but they only took checks, or money orders, and that wont work for me. I've also been all over ebay for nothing. Your help would be VERY much appreciated!.....I am sooooooofrustrated. -THANKS
  18. 50 Mercury "Cobra"

That is AWESOME!!!!!!!
  19. 66 Chevelle (Lindberg)

Thanks, they are photo etch from Model Car Garage
  20. 80 Dodge Ramcharger (Revell)

Wow! Great looking Ram and the snow just makes it all the better.
  21. 69 Camaro (Revell)

Beautiful,beautiful car with some great detailing.
  22. What did you get today?

pic from the net,,
  23. Pay It Forward-Round 2-Let's have FUN!

What you aren't realizing is that there are folks that only log in once or twice a week. The 7-day rule gives them a chance to see the models that are offered and to participate if they choose.
  1. Load more activity