Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

  1. Past hour
  2. Wouldn't have done you any good anyway. The kit pictured above is entirely different from the Alfa Romeo 1900 the BATs are based on. Different structure, different engine. . This is the engine for the Giulia / Giulietta Spider and Coupe models above... one-piece cam cover (though induction could vary considerably): This is the Alfa 1900, the basis of the BATs... This is the engine for the 1900 and the BATs... individual cam covers (though again, induction varied):
  3. Hey Tom, that is a great find! I am getting close on the bumpers and hope to have them available real soon! Glad you found a usable bed for a future project! Bill
  4. Kinda of worthless information but I just wanted to post the remnants of fourteen kits that I have completed or still in progress. Started this bottle 12-14-18 and completely filled 10-14-19. I have six of these full now!
  5. Somebody is enjoying this a little too much.
  6. No worries David, I have had some amazing assistance from guys on this forum and I just want to continue the good vibes. Pm me your address and I will get these off to you ASAP. Cheers
  7. The distributor cap from the "Chill Factor" Oldsmobile Pro Mod kit. Later-
  8. You work reminds us all why didn't anyone make this kit with an engine. You great work so far shows it would not be impossible and they would probably still sell for 50% more than the overpriced Fujumi kit that is engineless.
  9. Yesterday
  10. Finally got the doors hinged!!!!!! I'm loving the way they sit
  11. Please read this: http://italianhorses.net/Tutorials/PerfectPaint/paint.htm
  12. Beautiful work. Always inspiring to see someone working in brass.
  13. That's great, Alan...... those two front grilles would be much appreciated, and I can give you my postal address details when you are ready. Don't worry too much about the rear bumper and tail lights, as the rear panel I have looks to be accurate anyway. The response from members on here, including yourself has been so helpful and I feel so lucky. Good luck with your search, but as I say, please don't go to any trouble over this. David
  14. Thanks for the advice everyone , I appreciate your help , we'll give it a go and see how we make out . Paint job is Tamiya X-15 light green , closest we could match from our local hobby shop inventory . Looks good though . Air-brushed the " stripe" in middle of hood with Tamiya XF-1 flat black . Quite the contrast with the green . OK, when I'm wet sanding am I going to stay away from the flat black on the hood ? We picked up this packette of waterproof finishing paper : 320 , 400 , 600 , 1000 , 2000 , 4000 , 6000 and 12,000 . 10$ CDN. When we would we be inclined to use the 6000 and 12,000 paper ? Robert.
  15. Which version of the T600 did you get?
  16. Yes, https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Flive.staticflickr.com%2F7159%2F6561409573_fe1d33a17a_b.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2Fmudflapper359%2F6561409573&docid=njcVVLvM2ZboOM&tbnid=67M7o2Y6NeqCwM%3A&vet=1&source=sh%2Fx%2Fim
  17. Oh I see, Buz..... well, my scratch building skills are not that great if I'm honest...... but thanks for the support and I will try to come up with something worthwhile. David
  18. I would like to see it,living in Dayton I heard about it for years.
  19. Hey, everyone!, i have a ton more done on the Pantera!.....hope you enjoy!! -Photo 1; After cutting open the rear vent, i notched out the areas for the muffler hangers to protrude. -Photo 2; Now that i've removed the last remnants of the battery box, i can really start building the framework! -Photo 4; I decided to start making a belly pan... -Photo 5; I modified a Countach intercooler for the rear fan assembly. -Photo 6; The hoods window always needed a stronger glue point, so i added a super thin strip to the top crossmember. You can also see the hinges, and prop shocks i made. -Photo 10; Here you can see the muffler hangers... -Photo 14; Here are the hooks for the hood hinges...it looks like they are too high, but....... -Photo 15; ....it fits perfectly flush!!
  20. David, I can help you a little but and maybe more than a little bit. When I was a kid, my grandfather bought a pair of Parisiennes for his caravan business every couple of years and one of them was a 68 Parisienne, just like yours with a Chevy dash. Influenced heavily by my grandfather's taste in American cars, I bought the MPC 68 convertible/pickup kit and built it with all the custom bits. Very little is left of it today. Now what is left is, believe it or not, are the two front grilles, unfortunately with the pointy bits near the middle sliced off but still fixable. I found them last night and will send them to you to help you on your mission. Now it is hard to tell you this without getting your hopes up but somewhere I believe I also have the rear bumper and taillights. Just haven't been able to find them yet. Should have been in my bumper box but hey, I got a lot of stuff and sometimes it moves to places without my knowledge! I will keep looking this weekend and see if I can unearth the bumper and taillights. If I do they are all yours. I know they are going to a good home. Wish me luck in my search! Cheers Alan
  21. Reworked and assembled rear hub carriers. Brass tubing was added for the hinge points and open holes.
  1. Load more activity
×
×
  • Create New...